Download station does not seed completed downloads automatically

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
boohyaka
I'm New!
I'm New!

Download station does not seed completed downloads automatically

Unread post by boohyaka » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 am

Hi all,

Model: DS3018xs
DSM: 6.1.5-15254 (latest)
Download Station: 3.8.7-3490 (latest)

In download station when torrents are completed they do not seed automatically, they stay with status "Completed" and everything stops.
To make them seed I have to right-click them -> "resume". Then they start seeding normally. I don't find any relevant setting in the options.

This is pretty inconvenient, does anyone else have the issue and/or know why and if something can be done about it?

Thank you very much in advance.

thedude4bides
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Download station does not seed completed downloads automatically

Unread post by thedude4bides » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:26 pm

I can't get mine to seed anything at all. It will say I'm seeding to some small number of peers but nothing actually uploads. 0.0 upload speed.

Other issue is some torrents just stopped connecting to peers about halfway through and won't finish. I stop and start them and nothing changes. I am wondering if I'm getting shutout from further DLs because my ratio is 0% because I can't seed or if it's something else causing it. These torrents work on my desktop...

It's baffling.

Twisted World
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Download station does not seed completed downloads automatically

Unread post by Twisted World » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Did you maybe set the "Share Ratio" to 0 (zero)?

Many torrent clients use the value 0 (zero) to set your seeding ratio to "infinite", but I believe that Synology uses 0 (zero) in conjunction with the "Ignore" setting to not seed completed downloads at all.
[ DS916+ | DS216+II | DS1815+ | EDS14 | DS212+ | DS211+ | DS411slim ]

Return to “Download Station”