Download Station - Downloading from NAS

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
T11
I'm New!
I'm New!

Download Station - Downloading from NAS

Postby T11 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:43 pm

I would like to download files from a friend's NAS (also Synology).

He provided FTP access and I am already able to access and download files by using FileZilla on my PC.

Now I actually just want to do the same thing. However the download should be done directly NAS to NAS so I do not have to keep my PC running.

With Synology Download Station I was able to download files already by direct links to the files and copying the links into Download Station (which is not very convenient to use).

However I am able to do the following things in FileZilla only and not on Download Station:

* Opening the folder structure on my friends NAS and browsing through the folders and the files.
* Safe all the access data for ftp access so I am able to reconnect with 1 click every time

Is there any possibility to do this with Download Station? If yes, please let me know how it works.

If not, maybe there is some other software that can help me with that.

Thx
tipodgraphic
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Download Station - Downloading from NAS

Postby tipodgraphic » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:42 am

Hi,
I never used this service, but I think you must research more info about File Service (Config / Control Panel). Good luck :)
DS 716+ (8GB) # DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 5 # WD Red 4TB x2

Return to “Download Station”