Force Re-Check?

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Cheney Coker
Beginner
Beginner

Force Re-Check?

Unread post by Cheney Coker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:24 pm

In most bittorrent applications there is a function to do a force re-check on a download. The use case is have a partial download and not wanting to start over from scratch so you do a re-check so the downloader will know what it already has. I do not see this functionality in Download Station. I'm trying to move some downloads in progress and I want DS to pick up where it left off, not start over from scratch. Is this functionality supported by this package?
DS2413+ 12-bay with nine 5TB drives, 4gig ram.

sincarne
Guru
Guru

Re: Force Re-Check?

Unread post by sincarne » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:44 pm

Cheney Coker wrote:In most bittorrent applications there is a function to do a force re-check on a download. The use case is have a partial download and not wanting to start over from scratch so you do a re-check so the downloader will know what it already has. I do not see this functionality in Download Station. I'm trying to move some downloads in progress and I want DS to pick up where it left off, not start over from scratch. Is this functionality supported by this package?
It likely not there if you not find. I no think that app any good. I use deluge instead. rutorrent also good. Your model support docker so use that for setup of other torrent client

drabisan
Guru
Guru

Unread post by drabisan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:34 pm

By "trying to move some downloads in progress" what do you exactly mean?
Download Station is storing partial downloads to /volume1/@download/"something random".

If that's the part you want to move...like from volume1 to volume2 you can do it with a caveat.
Backup that folder somewhere else, move DS to another volume, restart that download and find that random new folder. Stop DS from Package Center, move the content previously backed up to this new random folder and turn on Download Station. It will trigger a re-check and it should not restart the download from 0.

That's a theoretical option. I've never try it, but if you stop Download Station and restart it, it will run a recheck and it will resume.

Cheney Coker
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by Cheney Coker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:36 pm

drabisan wrote:By "trying to move some downloads in progress" what do you exactly mean?
Download Station is storing partial downloads to /volume1/@download/"something random".

If that's the part you want to move...like from volume1 to volume2 you can do it with a caveat.
Backup that folder somewhere else, move DS to another volume, restart that download and find that random new folder. Stop DS from Package Center, move the content previously backed up to this new random folder and turn on Download Station. It will trigger a re-check and it should not restart the download from 0.

That's a theoretical option. I've never try it, but if you stop Download Station and restart it, it will run a recheck and it will resume.
What I was doing was moving some partials that I was downloading via utorrent on my PC. I just wanted to see if download station was more efficient than utorrent. I have found that some downloaders are better than others so I test this by trying a different one from time to time. I move the partials to the download of the new program, do a force recheck so the new program knows how much is done so far, then let it take a stab at it.

Trying to figure out how to do that same thing in this app. Every other downloader can do this.
DS2413+ 12-bay with nine 5TB drives, 4gig ram.

Return to “Download Station”