No results in Download Station after update

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
meiytx
I'm New!
I'm New!

BT Search Not Working

Unread post by meiytx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:33 pm

DS 1513+ running DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 2
Download station Version 3.7.2-3338

The BT Search is not working properly. It only shows "Others" Category. I am trying to search for very basic movies like "Indiana Jones" or "Concussion". There are no results. Used to work and suddenly stopped.

However, the BT download works if I have a BT file. Only the search feature is not working properly.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

trilly88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Lack of results when searching for torrents

Unread post by trilly88 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:11 pm

recently I replaced my DS410j with the new ds416play, since then searches with download station return very few results and only results I get are from extratorrent.cc
I also tried to add search sources but nothing has changed

Can anyone please assist me as it is very limited.

alael
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Lack of results when searching for torrents

Unread post by alael » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:58 am

Seems after the colosure of kickasstorrent most engine for torrents curretly out sucks. on synoboost you can find other module for the DL station and add more that way howerver it wont be the same as before.

alim1801
I'm New!
I'm New!

Download station unbale to search torrents as of friday

Unread post by alim1801 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi as of yesterday i am not getting any bt search results from download station, only few appears.

bubblegum57
Sharp
Sharp

Re: Download station unbale to search torrents as of friday

Unread post by bubblegum57 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:19 pm

I seem to have the same problem.

alim1801
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by alim1801 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Any one found the solution

BRUN
Novice
Novice

Unread post by BRUN » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:06 am

me too :evil:

essooil
Trainee
Trainee

No results in Download Station after update

Unread post by essooil » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi,

Today (23rd Nov 2016) I downloaded the latest version of Download Station (3.8.0-3416). I also updated the Synology DSM to 6.0.2-8451.

Now when I run "Download Station" and make a search the only results are from nyaatorrents and mininova. Just last week I got results from MagnetDL which always gave the most (and best) results.

So, I went to the MagnetDL website (via anon proxy), made a search and lots of results appeared. I copied the Magnet URL and pasted it into Download Station as a manual download. A download task was created and the file downloaded no problem via Download Station. It's just that Download station wont return any results from MagnetDL. I've even been to Synoboost, downloaded all the latest DLM files and deleted the ones in Downloaded Station then re-uploaded them all. Still no luck.

I'm in the UK with BT fibre so I haven't had results from Pirate Bay for ages, but I cant understand why MagnetDL doesn't work on my Synology NAS (a DS213i).

Have BT have made some change? Has the latest Synology Download Station or DSM affected this?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EssoOil

Rod_Henry
Novice
Novice

Re: No results in Download Station after update

Unread post by Rod_Henry » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:08 pm

I'm also from the UK and on BT, I get no results when searching but can create new tasks which create and complete.

Anyone know what's going on?

be11aml
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by be11aml » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:38 am

I have the same problem.

Also on BT Infinity and I have tried both Google and OpenDNS, but still seem to get no results

BRUN
Novice
Novice

Unread post by BRUN » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:04 pm

im using a VPN and still get no results most of the time, the last update seems to have caused this, it was fine before

thomas_bk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by thomas_bk » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:08 pm

If you stop and start the package, then it should work againg.
It did for me.

essooil
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by essooil » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:12 pm

I figured out how to modify the Pirate Bay .dlm file from Synoboost to get this working. I changed the URL to https://tpb.pbproxy.red and I now get 30 great results using Synology Download Station.

Instructions

Unzip the pirate bay .dlm file (available at Synoboost) using 7zip. You will then need to look into the archive as there will be another two files in there. The files are called:

INFO
search.php

Change the URL in these two files (just use Notepad to edit them). Now you need to zip the files up TWICE (it's a Linux thing). First you use 7Zip to zip up the modified INFO and a search.php file to a .tar file. Then use 7zip to zip up the resulting .tar file to a .gzip file. You then get a .tar.gz file. See http://www.random-host.com/blogs/creati ... file-7-zip for info on this part.

IMPORTANT: change the extension of the .tar.gz file to yourname.dlm (and make sure there are no spaces in the file name). Then upload it via the Synology Download Station.

I was amazed it worked. I've tried exactly the same process with MagnetDL and Kickass but it didn't work. I must be using the wrong URL for those two.

ayates1@aol.com
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ayates1@aol.com » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:09 am

Hi,

I am also showing no results after DSM auto updated and DS updated...

I have stopped and started service, and even uninstalled package and reinstalled.... not showing any results.

If I manually click on RSS feeds, these start to download, but they have stopped automatically downloading too...

Has anyone raised this officially with Synology, rather then just on this forum?

Hoping for a fix, but chatter seems like not many of us are effected....If it was global, Id expect a lot more ranting going on.

Cheers
Andy

gevezex
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by gevezex » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Same here. Search result is very thin.

Return to “Download Station”