Downloads in waiting status

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
horatio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Downloads in waiting status

Unread post by horatio » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm

I also have this problem with Download Station. No matter if I use torrent files or magnet links, they are stick in DS without downloading. I checked the same torrent files and magnet links on my desktop torrent client and they work OK. Everything used to work without any issues for more than 3 years, until the latest (around January 2016) updates. So, the issue persists with DSM 5.2-5644 Update 3 and Download Station 3.5-2970

I haven't changed any settings I used so far

Any idea how to solve this?

anode505
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by anode505 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:24 am

For what its worth...

2 NAS's latest greatest DSM and DL Station on both.
One NAS DL station working, one not (stuck waiting) prob

I didn't reboot the router (takes too long.) But did flush the NAT table - no fix
What worked for me, was deleting some jobs. I think one of them were the culprit. I didn't delete all the jobs

YMMV

saintececile
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by saintececile » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:05 pm

i had the same problem, just reboot and all my torrent in waiting status started. i also changed the max of downloading in options to the max possible. but only rebooting the nas worked

klingler
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by klingler » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:05 pm

So let me bump this one more time...

I haven't used Download Station in quite some time, but realized over the past couple days, nothing is downloading. Items are just listed with no activity. Previously, they were showing 'waiting' but I uninstalled/reinstalled the application and now they don't show 'waiting' but there is no activity.

I have a Synology router as well. Just installed Download Station on it and I'm getting the same 'waiting' indicator. I even reset the router back to factory defaults and still no improvement. Nothing I do seems to fix (alternative DNS, restart, etc.)

Any new ideas out there?

patapouf
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by patapouf » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Same for me here.
All previous and new request for torrent download remain in Waiting status since last update (circa 28.12.2016).

Used to work ok in the past.

Any news?

Lightning
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Lightning » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:35 pm

I have 2 NAS :
- DS209 with the last DSM for that product : DSM 4.2-3255
- DS916+ with the last DSM : DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 7

I want to download the same torrent. It works on the DS209, but not with the DS916+. On the DS916+, the file is waiting and download never start.

kl2n
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by kl2n » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:05 am

On DSM 6 I find restarting the Downloadstation service kicks things into working.

synopkg restart DownloadStation

Lightning
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Lightning » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:51 am

Uninstallaing and re installing the downloadstation application fixe the problem for me.

maxoudela
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by maxoudela » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:18 am

Hi guys,

I do have the same issue. I have some torrent added by an RSS feed, and every week, I see that all my downloads are in "waiting status". I do go to Packet center and stop and relaunch the download station, then it seems that the downloads are unblocked.

But I have to do that every week, we need a solution asap.

lalafor
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by lalafor » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 am

In my case, stopping or starting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling has no effect.

My list of 46 torrents in seeding are mostly all in waiting status. This occured two weeks back when I installed update 6 of DSM 6. Only 6 are seeding and they are always the same. I cannot add any new torrent as they will all remain unknown in waiting status.

I have even tried to move my "Downloads" shared folder from Vol2 to Vol1. When I did that and restarted DS, 36 torrents got alive. I kill DS again, restarted, back with the same 6 torrents seeding. All has been working for years, modem/router did not changed. Port forwarding is configured.

Very strange and annoying, cannot download anymore.

I need help troubleshooting here please if someone has a clue.

Cheers!

saif
I'm New!
I'm New!

Download station is not downloading any file

Unread post by saif » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi There,

From yesterday suddenly my download station is stop downloading any file. It just showing downloading as a 'status'. But there is no progress. and on the tracker of the file it showing 'connection fail'.

How can I fix this problem

kappaknight
Novice
Novice

Re: Download station is not downloading any file

Unread post by kappaknight » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 pm

I'm kind of seeing the same thing on my end. The status says "Waiting" but there should be nothing to wait on. There's space on the storage, the queue hasn't reached the max limit yet, but no new jobs are triggering themselves. Is it something I can restart?

goonie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by goonie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 pm

My download station simply states .. download task failed ... no matter what I try to download.

it is a fairly new problem, I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but it didnt help. .. what to do?

andreww1973
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by andreww1973 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:15 pm

hmm now I remember why I reverted back to windows based apps!

leon2008
Student
Student

Unread post by leon2008 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:20 pm

Support found out that my DS station database was wrecked. No matter what I tried in deleting the @download folder, uninstall, install earliere versions, stopping, restartnig helped.
They deleted the database. Now it works.

Return to “Download Station”