OSX iPhoto Library

Questions regarding Mac OS X Specifically can be placed here, such as questions regarding TimeMachine, for example.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

OSX iPhoto Library

Postby Tamascha » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 am

Hello,
i need support: how can i move my iPhoto Library to the NAS and how can i make it, that iphoto build no local library?
In Result: If i open iPhoto, iPhoto should show me only the pictures in the NAS Library.

Thanks 4 your help
best regards
Tamascha
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: OSX iPhoto Library

Postby gibou » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:57 pm

If you follow the following sequence, it should work...
1. Copy your current iPhoto (or Aperture library for that matter) from (most likely) ~/username/Pictures/ to your Synology.

2. When you're all done copying, making sure that iPhoto is closed. first press the alt/option key on your keyboard and then launch iPhoto. You will be presented with a window asking you "Which photo library do you want iPhoto to use?". Navigate to your Synology and locate the file you just copied et voila.

3. Once you have confirmed that all is fine, you may wish to DELETE the original library from your user folder : it will prevent confusion. However please note that a NEW EMPTY iPhoto library will be created in your user folder - just ignore it.

Good luck.
gibou
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Mac OS X