Application will be blocked in future Java update

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Application will be blocked in future Java update

Postby sferix » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 am

When starting File Station I allow the Java application to run, to provide access to my local PC drives. After a recent Java update I'm seeing the Java message;

"This application will be blocked in a future Java security update because the JAR manifest does not contain the Permissions attribute. Please contact the Publisher for more information."

What can be done about this please ?

I'm running DSM 4.3 on DS213J.

Is it possible to post an image here directly ? I could put up the actual message box, but the only way seems to be via a web address.

Sferix
sferix
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Application will be blocked in future Java update

Postby wired2mw » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:46 am

I had the same problem after the latest Java update in Foxfire browser. It disabled seeing the drives on my PC.

In Firefox, it displays a small red icon in the upper left hand corner next to the back arrow. If you click on this you will see details about "allowing plugins to run"

I selected "Allow and Remember" for the Java plugins to get the PC drives to display again.
wired2mw
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Application will be blocked in future Java update

Postby sferix » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for your post. For me the issue is "will be blocked in a future Java security update", and I see a more recent post raises the same issues saying synology support are aware and will be producing a fix.
sferix
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to File Station