Application will be blocked in future Java update

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Application will be blocked in future Java update

Postby sferix » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 am

When starting File Station I allow the Java application to run, to provide access to my local PC drives. After a recent Java update I'm seeing the Java message;

"This application will be blocked in a future Java security update because the JAR manifest does not contain the Permissions attribute. Please contact the Publisher for more information."

What can be done about this please ?

I'm running DSM 4.3 on DS213J.

Is it possible to post an image here directly ? I could put up the actual message box, but the only way seems to be via a web address.

Sferix
sferix
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Application will be blocked in future Java update

Postby wired2mw » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:46 am

I had the same problem after the latest Java update in Foxfire browser. It disabled seeing the drives on my PC.

In Firefox, it displays a small red icon in the upper left hand corner next to the back arrow. If you click on this you will see details about "allowing plugins to run"

I selected "Allow and Remember" for the Java plugins to get the PC drives to display again.
wired2mw
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Application will be blocked in future Java update

Postby sferix » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for your post. For me the issue is "will be blocked in a future Java security update", and I see a more recent post raises the same issues saying synology support are aware and will be producing a fix.
sferix
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to File Station