Port Forwarding on Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I Router

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Port Forwarding on Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I Router

Postby thatsallfolks » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:31 pm

I just bought a DS1513+ and spent hours trying to port forward. It finally worked somewhat.
Is there a quick start guide on port forwarding for newbies?

This is my first Synology product and honestly first impressions arent that good. There is lack of proper documentation for non-IT folks. Do Synology only cater to geeks? :?

I thought Actiontec routers would be supported looking as number of Verizon Fios customers in US but I guess I was wrong. (Or maybe I am not aware of how to set it up).

Looking at the portforwarding site it says -->

The MI424WR-GEN3I will not allow you to forward enough ports, to run Synology DS1812+. You should try using the DMZ portion of this router if it is available. Alternatively you can try switching the router to bridged mode. You will need to contact your ISP to switch to bridged mode, so they can make the required changed on their end.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI424WR-GEN3I/Synology_DS1812+.htm

Other than that I am still not able to get Photo station to work on WAN. I opened 443 port on the router and forwarded to diskstation. Tried reinstalling photostation but still doesnt work. It only works on local network.

Please help!
thatsallfolks
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Remote Access and Network Management