@eadir?

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

@eadir?

Postby JimmyTheSaint » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:00 am

Aside from http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=10065&p=46607&hilit=%40eaDir#p46607, site search doesn't reveal much information on the hidden directories named "@eadir". That other thread is five years old, so I have some questions.

1) Are those @eadir directories created only in directories where file indexing has been enabled?
2) Can a @eadir be deleted without any side effects, except perhaps when doing a File Station search?
3) Is there some way to delete all the @eadir's at once?

It's particularly annoying to see all those @eadir's on my Android phone when I'm syncing directories with BitTorrent Sync. So I'd like to know if it's simply a choice between file indexing and neater file listings.
two DS213+'s with 2xWD30EFRX (5.0-4493 update 3)
JimmyTheSaint
Experienced
Experienced

Re: @eadir?

Postby DaveHamilton » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm, too, am trying to solve this @eaDir issue... it's got zillions of these things synced over. I added all of the following to my BitTorrent Sync's .SyncIgnore file on my DiskStation for this Folder and... nothing changed.

@eaDir
@eadir
*eaDir
*eadir

I even added an iPhone to it (that previously was not there) and I still see the @eaDir directories showing up. What am I missing?
DaveHamilton
Trainee
Trainee

Postby mikedr » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:30 am

(bump) I ave this issue too.
mikedr
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ddlafrite » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:52 am

well, I don't know about
- the side effects of removing these directories (nothing serious, I guess)
- what exactly is causing them to be created (indexing?)

But here is how to get rid of them quickly:

1) ssh must be allowed (go to Control Panel to enable it)

2) connect using ssh (under ROOT or ADMIN user)
If you're a Windows user I suggest using PUTTY (or Cygwin)

3a) to JUST LIST all those pesky directories, execute the following command:
Code: Select all
find /volume1/MY_SHARE -type d -name '?eaDir'

3b) to REMOVE THEM, execute:
Code: Select all
find /volume1/MY_SHARE -type d -name '?eaDir' -print0 | xargs -0 -n5 rm -rf

NB: here I assumed the finding/removing should take place in "MY_SHARE" on volume1. Adapt to your own environment.
ddlafrite
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to File Station