Moving outside of the public album gives 'permission denied'

Questions about the Synology Photo Station can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Moving outside of the public album gives 'permission denied'

Postby Barberousse » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:29 pm

Hello,

When I move a picture from my public album to the outside on my DS207 (2 disks in RAID 1, firmware 518) from my linux Kubuntu box, I have this message:

Code: Select all
guillaume@Damocles:~/nas/photo/Albums publics$ ls ..
Albums privés  Albums publics
guillaume@Damocles:~/nas/photo/Albums publics$ mv GAETAN_2008-01-05_001.JPG ..
mv: ne peut déplacer `GAETAN_2008-01-05_001.JPG' vers `../GAETAN_2008-01-05_001.JPG': Permission non accordée
guillaume@Damocles:~/nas/photo/Albums publics$ ls ..
Albums privés  Albums publics  GAETAN_2008-01-05_001.JPG

("ne peut déplacer" = "can't move" and "Permission non accordée" = "Permission denied" in french).

But indead the picture has been moved to the parent directory.

I don't have any error message when moving from private album or from other directories.

The directory is mounted with CIFS (with unix extension switched to OFF in the DS207): "//nas/photo on /home/guillaume/nas/photo type cifs (rw,mand,nosuid,nodev)".

How can I make this false error message disappear?

Thank you.

Barberousse.
Barberousse
Novice
Novice

Return to Photo Station