DS 212 replacement?

Any related inquiries about Synology product? Post it here!
Forum rules
1-Use the Online NAS selector to find the right DiskStation!
http://www.synology.com/products/nas_se ... p?lang=enu

2-This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

DS 212 replacement?

Postby brntwood » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:14 am

OooKkkk. ??? I'd recently decided on the DS212. BUT----that model does not seem to exist any longer. What is the closest replacement model for (what used to be the DS212?) I'm trying to determine/locate the replacement (new) model for the (old) DS212? (features, specifications, etc.) Thanks..
brntwood
Beginner
Beginner

Re: DS 212 replacement?

Postby brntwood » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:31 am

Hi to any/all readers of this post..

I want to apologize for (what turned out to be) a stupid post/question. :oops:

This was just my knee jerk reaction reflecting my frustration that (after months of researching) – the model I had decided on “disappeared”. Yes-I did look quickly on Synology’s product page---but I missed the obvious. (It is now the DS213) Sorry……and thanks for understanding.
brntwood
Beginner
Beginner

Re: DS 212 replacement?

Postby ethuesen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:42 am

Yes, you are correct about the DS 213..

In theory, Synology's DiskStations are having numbers systematically..

The last numbers e.g. 2xx refers to how new the model are. For some time this number has indicated the year of production, but that system have failed as technology is moving faster and faster..
The first number(s) refers to the number of hard drive bays (e.g. DS 213 have 2 bays, DS 413 has 4 bays, etc)..
Last, the sign after the number refers to how powerful the NAS is, j (budget model), nothing (normal NAS), + (business level), etc..
NAS: DS 412+ with 4x3TB WD Red (RAID 5 + spare)
UPS: APC CS 500
Router: Cisco RW220w
Stuff: Retina MBP, iPad and iPhone..
ethuesen
Versed
Versed

Return to General Products Inquiries