IP auto block list

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

IP auto block list

Postby james_aus » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi all,

Is there somewhere that I can access the full list of blocked IP Address's?

Whilst I can see them in the control panel I would like to export the list to be able sort the data.

Thanks

James
james_aus
Trainee
Trainee

Re: IP auto block list

Postby zdDog » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Me too, I want to export the auto block list

furthermore, I would really like to be able to make a hole

so I would block 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255
granting access to IPs only of my country (Netherlands) by way of the ip-to-country.csv

Getting major login attempts from India Russia, Ukraine, Indonesia and China
Synology DS-409+ 4xWD Green WD10EADS RAID5, 1 volume 3TB, fw:0844
syno package: Mailstation,Webalizer
ipkg stuff: syno-e500-bootstrap_1.2-5_powerpc,MC,MediaTomb
3rd party: ServiceSwitch CurrentConnections Config File Editor 3rdPartyMan Automate Joomla Mailstation MC MediaTomb NewCron PhpMyAdmin PhpMyBackupPro PhpMyIPKG PhpSysinfo StringEditor Topjobs Unzip Webalizer WebEditor Zina
zdDog
Beginner
Beginner

Postby thunderbird » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm

The list of blocked IPs can be found here: /etc/synoIPs.deny

To block / allow tons of IP ranges is not really possible since the built in firewall will allow only a limited number of rules, probably a performance issue. If however you have only a couple o friendly IP ranges, it will be a good idea to allow them and place a deny all rule at the end.
thunderbird
Sharp
Sharp

Postby zdDog » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 am

Thanks, I already knew that, but this list isn't easily converted to a friendly ip list
Synology DS-409+ 4xWD Green WD10EADS RAID5, 1 volume 3TB, fw:0844
syno package: Mailstation,Webalizer
ipkg stuff: syno-e500-bootstrap_1.2-5_powerpc,MC,MediaTomb
3rd party: ServiceSwitch CurrentConnections Config File Editor 3rdPartyMan Automate Joomla Mailstation MC MediaTomb NewCron PhpMyAdmin PhpMyBackupPro PhpMyIPKG PhpSysinfo StringEditor Topjobs Unzip Webalizer WebEditor Zina
zdDog
Beginner
Beginner

Return to System Management