Topics pertaining to volume setup, boot/shutdown, initialization, DSM update, HDD migration.
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form: https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
As our first Synology NAS became to small and slow we bought a second larger one.
We would still like to use both, but move a selection of data to the new NAS.
Is there a way to copy one or more shared folders (or the contents if I prepare the shared folder on the new NAS) directly from NAS to NAS without using a PC so it doesn't use too much network bandwith?
I already looked at the backup option, but this does not seem to support simple file copy.
- I'm New!
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:58 pm
As I do not know your usage, I assume you do not want to do this while 'live', you could connect a PC an the 2 DS to a standalone switch to perform the copy/move. No impact on the network.
Or, schedule the copy overnight?
Some people spent a lot of time writing the Help files, use them!
- Posts: 670
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:00 pm
Use the built in function "netbackup" or "Sync".
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*
DS713+ / DSM 5.2-5532 update 1 / 2 x HD204UI (RAID0) / LMS 7.7.3-042
DS712+ / DSM 5.2-5532 update 1 / 2 x HDS721010KLA330 (RAID0)
DS110+ / DSM 5.2-5532 update 1 / HD154UI
DS408 / DSM 4.0 2265 / 2 x ST31000340AS (RAID0) + 1 x HDS721010KLA330
DS207+ / DSM 3.1.1639 / ST31000340AS + WD5000KS
2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom
APC Smart UPS SUA750i
- Honorary Moderator
- Posts: 15257
- Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:48 pm
- Location: Switzerland
Return to Installation, Configuration, Migration, Expansion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: shalafi, Wolf and 7 guests