ZMODO CM-I11123BK

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

ZMODO CM-I11123BK

Postby adamsrobw » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:21 pm

I just purchased this camera off of newegg.

Its MJPEG. I can hit the camera's own web server and control it. I can control it in FireFox, but I need IE with an activeX control to use all of its features (2 way mic etc)

Since this camera is not listed in surveillance station, I set the brand to user define.

I didnt know what to put for source path, so I inspected the html when controlling the camera and saw a reference to /videostream.cgi. if I put that in the source path box, I can see the camera in live view etc. But I am unable to control it (ptz). Is this always the case for User Define? or given the correct source path, would i be able to control the camera?

If I go to the cameras web server in firefox, and inspect its javascript. I can see the url it calls when I click the arrows to move the camera.

decoder_control.cgi?command= and then it passes it an integer. so decoder_control.cgi?command=0 is tilt down. etc.

I guess I'm curious, what does the surveillance station need in Source path in order to let me control the camera in live view and your IOS apps. or do I have to use a pre-defined camera in order to get that functionality?

There are so many cameras listed in your brand list, I bet this camera is made by some other manufacturer and this zmodo company just slapped its name on it. and perhaps you do support this camera but under a different name?

this is the camera on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... M-I11123BK

any help appreciated!

-Rob
adamsrobw
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: ZMODO CM-I11123BK

Postby syno.ericlee » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi adamsrobw:
Could you contact synology support?
Let synology engineer try something for you.
syno.ericlee
Experienced
Experienced

Postby kgwhitmer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 pm

I just bought this camera... had some luck getting the panning to work by setting the brand to FOSCAM FI8908W
kgwhitmer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bluztoo » Sun May 26, 2013 12:48 am

Great that you've both been down this path. Solved my problem so quickly. Love this community.
Synology 412+ with 4 3GB WD Red's - Know just enough to properly screw things up!
bluztoo
Trainee
Trainee

Return to Surveillance Station