ZMODO CM-I11123BK

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

ZMODO CM-I11123BK

Postby adamsrobw » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:21 pm

I just purchased this camera off of newegg.

Its MJPEG. I can hit the camera's own web server and control it. I can control it in FireFox, but I need IE with an activeX control to use all of its features (2 way mic etc)

Since this camera is not listed in surveillance station, I set the brand to user define.

I didnt know what to put for source path, so I inspected the html when controlling the camera and saw a reference to /videostream.cgi. if I put that in the source path box, I can see the camera in live view etc. But I am unable to control it (ptz). Is this always the case for User Define? or given the correct source path, would i be able to control the camera?

If I go to the cameras web server in firefox, and inspect its javascript. I can see the url it calls when I click the arrows to move the camera.

decoder_control.cgi?command= and then it passes it an integer. so decoder_control.cgi?command=0 is tilt down. etc.

I guess I'm curious, what does the surveillance station need in Source path in order to let me control the camera in live view and your IOS apps. or do I have to use a pre-defined camera in order to get that functionality?

There are so many cameras listed in your brand list, I bet this camera is made by some other manufacturer and this zmodo company just slapped its name on it. and perhaps you do support this camera but under a different name?

this is the camera on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... M-I11123BK

any help appreciated!

-Rob
adamsrobw
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: ZMODO CM-I11123BK

Postby syno.ericlee » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi adamsrobw:
Could you contact synology support?
Let synology engineer try something for you.
syno.ericlee
Experienced
Experienced

Postby kgwhitmer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 pm

I just bought this camera... had some luck getting the panning to work by setting the brand to FOSCAM FI8908W
kgwhitmer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bluztoo » Sun May 26, 2013 12:48 am

Great that you've both been down this path. Solved my problem so quickly. Love this community.
Synology 412+ with 4 3GB WD Red's - Know just enough to properly screw things up!
bluztoo
Trainee
Trainee

Return to Surveillance Station