DS audio not showing all songs

Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

DS audio not showing all songs

Postby davemccourt » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi

I copied my iTunes music library to my /music on my DiskStation. Audio Station via the browser shows all songs but the DS Audio app on my iPad doesn't. I'm not really sure how to view all songs via the app but if I list them via the 'All songs' option under 'Albums' it only lists a few. The app only shows some albums and genres too. I've re-indexed the media files but it asn't made any difference.

Any ideas? Do I need to add the songs as .mp3s into /music as currently they are in folders per album? Not sure why it works via the browser though.

Thanks for any help.

DS211 2TB Raid 1
davemccourt
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS audio not showing all songs

Postby rollo.martins » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Having exacly the same problem. Any solutions? Thanks!
rollo.martins
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby addicted » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I have the same problem with my DS211+ ( DSM3.1 ) and Iphone 3GS ( IOS 4.3.2 ).
I think that after the previous upgrade to DSM3.1, the new songs became visible ( re-index ? ).

Anyone ?
addicted
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dbanno » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Try going to a playlist where the song should be, and hit the "Refresh" button at the top. I've noticed that I have to do this to see the latest version of my playlist.

-Dan
dbanno
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jorgenj » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Got the same problem with my Iphone 4 with IOS5 and DS audio.. and DSM 3.2.. when adding new songs, the list is not updated anymore..
jorgenj
Trainee
Trainee

Postby WTM » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:20 pm

I have the same problem. In the browser version of AudioStation (DSM 4) all files are visible. Via the DSAudio app on iPad2 the directory is shown empty???
WTM
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby myCloud » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:03 am

If you added your iTunes Library to the music shared folder, did you go into Control Panel -> Media Indexing Service and reindex?

Keep in mind iTunes playlists don't work with Audio Station. You need to convert them to M3U with something like iTunes export before adding them to the music/playlists folder.
DS 1512+ w/3GB, 5 x 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001 8.2TB RAID 6, half files/half Time Machine.
Icy Dock MB559U3S-1SB enclosure w/4TB Hitachi UltraStar via USB 3 for files backup
UVERSE to AirPort Extreme + 2 AirPort Express w/speakers. TRENDnet TV-IP312WN camera
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD Sine Wave UPS
DSM 4.1-2661 w/SSH + SFTP, VPN Server, Syslog Server, Media Server, Mail Server, Mail Station,
Audio Station, Surveillance Station, Photo Station, Web Station - DS Apps on iPad & iPod Touch.
myCloud
Skilled
Skilled

Postby toddc2 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi myCloud,

I have the same issue on my iPod. I tried to re-index using the following two methods in DSM 4.0 but I have not been able to do this correctly.

1. I see that /music is already indexed, so I just re-indexed via Control Panel. Didn't fix the issue.

2. I tried to Create an indexed folder, but DSM is only showing me my \Backup shared folder, none of the other media folders are visible. The tool won't let me type the path.

Do you have any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks

Todd
toddc2
Beginner
Beginner

Postby toddc2 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Has anyone figured this out yet? I am seriously questioning my decision to get a NAS.

First, I wanted to serve high resolution audio files over WiFi to a PC using JRiver as a player. The 24/96 files buffer for 30 seconds before playing. Picture my 17 year old daughter staring at me with her arms folded shouting "FAIL!" :oops:

Now I am struggling to get access to iTunes data streamed to my iPod. DS Audio "sees" the iTunes directories in \music\iTunes but none of the purchased iTunes files are visible (the folders show up empty when viewing them from the iPod DS Audio app). I can see and play songs that I have ripped to iTunes from CD's. Is this another Apple conspiracy to keep me from the music I have payed for? I honestly hope I am just doing something wrong.
toddc2
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Jeremie » Thu May 03, 2012 5:08 pm

toddc2 wrote:Has anyone figured this out yet? I am seriously questioning my decision to get a NAS.

First, I wanted to serve high resolution audio files over WiFi to a PC using JRiver as a player. The 24/96 files buffer for 30 seconds before playing. Picture my 17 year old daughter staring at me with her arms folded shouting "FAIL!" :oops:

Now I am struggling to get access to iTunes data streamed to my iPod. DS Audio "sees" the iTunes directories in \music\iTunes but none of the purchased iTunes files are visible (the folders show up empty when viewing them from the iPod DS Audio app). I can see and play songs that I have ripped to iTunes from CD's. Is this another Apple conspiracy to keep me from the music I have payed for? I honestly hope I am just doing something wrong.

Hi Todd,

Unless you have already done so, you may want to directly submit a form to Synology's support team.

Jeremie
Jeremie
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby toddc2 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:24 am

I have not submitted to the support forum yet. My original observation questioning my decision to buy a NAS holds true: virtually nothing is working well for any of my use cases. Here is a small sampling of the frustration:

1. DS Audio can't access my iTunes purchased songs (as listed in this thread)

2. DS Audio has a 1 second glitch approximately 15 seconds into playing a track. I have tried FLAC, AIFF, and Apple lossless. And multiple iPod generations (2nd and 4th gen touch).

3. I can't copy purchased songs from the NAS based iTunes account to my iPod. I can of course copy ripped content over. I suspect this is on Apple. I have seen other posts that NAS based shared iTunes works just fine so again I am probably doing something wrong.

4. Wireless streaming 24/96 FLAC or any AIFF to my PC running JRiver buffers for 30 seconds. Normal FLAC files play fine with no buffering. Probably the fault of some obscure setting in JRiver.

I could go on, but I'm pretty sure I will just give up on the wireless aspect of this NAS system and buy another Macbook Pro to use as a dedicated music server. And maybe a Sonos system to go along with it.

So now I have a fairly expensive backup system. I will say that the backup aspect of the DS211 worked flawlessly for me, which was one of my main goals when purchasing the unit.
toddc2
Beginner
Beginner

Postby toddc2 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 pm

toddc2 wrote:DS Audio "sees" the iTunes directories in \music\iTunes but none of the purchased iTunes files are visible (the folders show up empty when viewing them from the iPod DS Audio app). I can see and play songs that I have ripped to iTunes from CD's. Is this another Apple conspiracy to keep me from the music I have payed for? I honestly hope I am just doing something wrong.

I have found a solution to this problem. iTunes allows you to burn a CD from a playlist. You can then use the CD to re-import the songs in whatever format you want (I used AAC). Here is the thread showing step by step instructions:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2111958_convert ... mp-mp.html

Todd
toddc2
Beginner
Beginner

Return to DS audio