Setting up DS210J in MySQL Workbench

Questions regaring MySQL and PHP may go here
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.

Setting up DS210J in MySQL Workbench

Postby dark_perfect » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:13 am

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup my DS210J in MySQL workbench and have it mostly working. There are a couple of bits i'm struggling with, however.

In the Server Administrator setup, the application auto-detects my MySQL Server version as 5.1.49-log, which is good, i think. I enter in the SSH login details to use the root account (this is definitely accessible as I use the root account via ssh all the time). I choose not to authenticate using SSH Key. I have it set to System Type: Linux; Installation Type: Custom; Configuration File: /etc/my.cnf; Configuration File Section: mysqld;

The Start MySQL command is set to : /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/S21mysql.sh start; and the stop command set to : /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/S21mysql.sh stop. The Check MySQL Status command i've set to : cat /tmp/mysqld.pid; I've set the aforementioned settings to not use administrator rights (because it's logged in as root - don't want it doing sudo or anything).

Using these settings, it logs in and I can see the server status as well as cpu load, memory load etc. So far so good.

But when I click on Options File in the Configuration heading, I get the error : "Error opening configuration file. SSHException: Channel closed."

Anyone else had this error? Seems to be trying to open the my.cnf file, i reckon, and it's definitely in the path i've given to it, as have checked it manually. Seems the rest of the setup is good, so i'm a bit confuzzled...

Thanks,
Nick
dark_perfect
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Setting up DS210J in MySQL Workbench

Postby sanderdw » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:32 pm

I have the same problem but i don't see advantages to control the server with Workbench, so it doesn't really bother me. Can you see the connectionts and bandwidth in the Workbench?
sanderdw
Trainee
Trainee

Postby dark_perfect » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi,

Yeah, i can see the connections and bandwidth.

I just liked the idea of being able to control the configuration and settings in a remote tool like that, so was hoping to get it all working properly.

Has anyone got this working?

Thanks,
Nick
dark_perfect
Rookie
Rookie

Postby progrupe » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:42 am

Same problem here. Also waiting for a response :)
progrupe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby slavikf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Same issue.
MyDS 4.1
WorkBench 5.2.44 CE

Error message:
"Error opening configuration file
SSHException: EOF during negotiation"
owner of DS412+