Samsung TV (DNLA) - rewind/fast forward?

Questions regarding media streaming across varied protocols, including UPnP/DLNA/CIFS can be placed here.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Samsung TV (DNLA) - rewind/fast forward?

Postby ledocf » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:35 pm

NAS: DS210j
DSM ver: 2.3-1167

TV: Samsung B650
Firmware: 2010/01/25_003000

Hi,

I am streaming video from my NAS using its DNLA interface, and have been experimenting with the video code I am using the rip the video. I have settled on H264/MPEG4.

However, I have noticed that if I save in the low def version of H264, the video playback is fine, but I cannot forward or rewind. If I used the high def H264 codec, I can forward/rewind. This is a pain, as I would prefer to used the low def codec, as it is approx 1/3 data rate of the HD codec.

As I can get the system to work with the HD codec, it would appear that it's more likely this is an issue with the NAS.

Does anyone know how I can get my system to properly navigate low def video? Is this a known issue? Can it be fixed by a NAS software upgrade?

Appreciate any help,

ledocf.
ledocf
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Samsung TV (DNLA) - rewind/fast forward?

Postby Taxman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Do you mean it can fast forward and rewind when the video is encoded at a HD resolution like 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

But not when the video is encoded at SD resolutions like 720x576 or lower ?
Taxman
Guru
Guru

Return to Media Server