Samsung TV (DNLA) - rewind/fast forward?

Questions regarding media streaming across varied protocols, including UPnP/DLNA/CIFS can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Samsung TV (DNLA) - rewind/fast forward?

Postby ledocf » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:35 pm

NAS: DS210j
DSM ver: 2.3-1167

TV: Samsung B650
Firmware: 2010/01/25_003000

Hi,

I am streaming video from my NAS using its DNLA interface, and have been experimenting with the video code I am using the rip the video. I have settled on H264/MPEG4.

However, I have noticed that if I save in the low def version of H264, the video playback is fine, but I cannot forward or rewind. If I used the high def H264 codec, I can forward/rewind. This is a pain, as I would prefer to used the low def codec, as it is approx 1/3 data rate of the HD codec.

As I can get the system to work with the HD codec, it would appear that it's more likely this is an issue with the NAS.

Does anyone know how I can get my system to properly navigate low def video? Is this a known issue? Can it be fixed by a NAS software upgrade?

Appreciate any help,

ledocf.
ledocf
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Samsung TV (DNLA) - rewind/fast forward?

Postby Taxman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Do you mean it can fast forward and rewind when the video is encoded at a HD resolution like 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

But not when the video is encoded at SD resolutions like 720x576 or lower ?
Taxman
Guru
Guru

Return to Media Server