sgrootendorst wrote:The only problem is, that i only use lowercase name and passwords.
So that cannot be my problem.
I've reinstalled the mailstation, changed my name and password.
But nothing helps
Don't tell me i have to reinstall the whole server?
Chin up mate, no i never had to reinstall the whole server.....
Do the basic checks first,
1. Go to http://www.canyouseeme.org
and type in your port you wanna check (port 25)
if its a success you should be good to go
if not, restart your router and try again, if still not working you may need to call your ISP to free up your port 25 (mine here in New Zealand didn't even put up a fight, it was instant too)
2. Go to your DNS host (whatever the techy name is where your IP is forwarded to) make sure you have a MX record (no-ip is what was instructed in the Mail IPKG setup file)
3. In "Mail station" (under application tab on the server) I ticked everything in the "My Domain name" and "SMTP server" I wrote were the same thing
. (ie "Freakofnature.bounceme.net" no "http:\" nothing extra)
4. Under notification make sure the same "SMTP server name" is there too then send a test..... (i had all boxes in here ticked too) and make sure user name and login are correct of course and ensure the mail account is writen correctly (i.e. "firstname.lastname@example.org")
5. Go check your email to see if it was recieved.
If it wasn't recieved go back to the server go into "Log" and can you paste what the error is in there to here? (for the pros to read not me)
If it was recieved, log in as a different account and try sending/receiving between mail accounts within the server
If you can send between accounts try send to a GMAIL account (thats what i did)
I found out my IP addy was blocked some how so i was back on the phone talking to my ISP. The advice i recieved was to restart my router to reset my IP address...... after 1 restart i was good to go...... (go back to http://www.canyouseeme.org
to check it again if needs be)all i did was reinstall the the Mail IPKG (not the whole server) made sure the "i's" were dotted and "t's" were crossed in the settings and restarted my router.
it's alot of work to get something that is free just like something like Gmail going. But i don't know, i like it. Receiving a "Rsoul your torrent is downloaded"
on my iphone is pretty cool.
let me know how it goes aye?Long live Synology and Opensource forums!