Has anyone tried Deluge?

Questions regarding modifying the torrent engine or download station may go here.
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.

Has anyone tried Deluge?

Postby agnaramasi » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm

I have a DS409 box and I am wondering whether I should bother trying to install Deluge, my favourite torrent client. Python is cross-platform, so it just might work. Has anyone attempted this? I'm wondering if its worth it. I was also considering rtorrent/wtorrent, but that no longer seems to be an option given the problem with xmlrpc-c.
agnaramasi
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Has anyone tried Deluge?

Postby perdizes » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:18 pm

agnaramasi wrote: I was also considering rtorrent/wtorrent, but that no longer seems to be an option given the problem with xmlrpc-c.

what problem are you refering to?
perdizes
Novice
Novice

Postby Paktas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 pm

The problem is there's something wrong with the xmlrpc-c package from the "official" optware feed (xmlrpc-c v1.11.00-3). The working one (xmlrpc-c v1.11.00-2) was available soem time ago Maartens feed http://www.maartendamen.com/synoware
But it's not there any more and nobody can find the file.
Synology DS409 + 4 x WD CAVIAR GREEN 2TB
Synology DS713+ + 2 x WD 3TB
Paktas
Experienced
Experienced

Postby agnaramasi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Update:
So I gave up on installing Deluge, as the process involved compiling a newer version of libtorrent-rasterbar than available in the repository. I ultimately got stuck trying to get the ./configure command to find the boost libraries it required. I also was unsure about how to build the python bindings of libtorrent-rasterbar, once installed.
Abandoning that mess, I decided to take another stab at rtorrent + rutorrent. I used the rtorrent + libtorrent packages from the ipkg repository. The xmlrpc-c package available through ipkg does not work. The solution is to compile the recent "stable" release from svn. Once rtorrent/libtorrent is working you need to install a webserver. I chose lighttpd. You then need to follow the instructions on the rutorrent website on configuring the webserver and rtorrent so they can communicate with one another. I eventually got it working really well. I am very pleased. RU torrent has much richer features than the Transmission webui.
agnaramasi
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby szczetyk » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 am

agnaramasi wrote:Update:
So I gave up on installing Deluge, as the process involved compiling a newer version of libtorrent-rasterbar than available in the repository. I ultimately got stuck trying to get the ./configure command to find the boost libraries it required. I also was unsure about how to build the python bindings of libtorrent-rasterbar, once installed.
Abandoning that mess, I decided to take another stab at rtorrent + rutorrent. I used the rtorrent + libtorrent packages from the ipkg repository. The xmlrpc-c package available through ipkg does not work. The solution is to compile the recent "stable" release from svn. Once rtorrent/libtorrent is working you need to install a webserver. I chose lighttpd. You then need to follow the instructions on the rutorrent website on configuring the webserver and rtorrent so they can communicate with one another. I eventually got it working really well. I am very pleased. RU torrent has much richer features than the Transmission webui.

Coud You give a quick tutor "how to" with bash commands ?
Is it possible to use only RuTorrent with build in rTorrent (from stock download station 2) without compiling rTorrent from ipkg repository?

Cheers :)
szczetyk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Paktas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 am

agnaramasi this would be really nice if you create a new forum thread on How to install ruTorrent+rtorrent and have a detailed step-by-step guide on doing this for our beloved Synology boxes.
Big thanks.
Synology DS409 + 4 x WD CAVIAR GREEN 2TB
Synology DS713+ + 2 x WD 3TB
Paktas
Experienced
Experienced

Postby redtapemedia » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 am

I am really interested in getting Duluge and Flexget to work with my CS407. My reasons are I could then download episodes via RSS, and have them automatically sorted to their correct locations without any interaction once the feeds have been set correctly. If anyone has successfully compiled either to work with the CS407 or similiar, it would be much appreciated if you could share what was done to get them working. I'll be sure to do the same if I figure it out myself. Thanks.
redtapemedia
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby samirrpatel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 am

redtapemedia,I'm trying to do the same thing on a DS207+

I've managed to get flexget working, however I'm still using transmission to do the downloading (getting flexget to drop the downloaded torrent files into the transmission watch folder kicks off the downloads nicely, but the problem is I can't control them once the downloads start - e.g. stop the downloads once I reach a certain seeding ratio, move downloaded files to various other directories, remove the torrent files once downloads are stopped etc)

Geting flexget working was relatively manual - I used the install instructions on the website but once I ran...

Code: Select all
easy_install ~/tmp/FlexGet-1.0r963-py2.5.egg

...I got into trouble with missing dependencies (can't remember the exact error, something about entry points - no idea what the errors meant!). Anyway I then manually installed each of the dependencies that the error messages indicated, one by one. Each time I'd rerun the original easy_install command and it would get a little further before failing with the next 'entry-point' error. Eventually once i'd got all the dependencies installed I reran the command and hey presto, no errors and flexget was installed. Then it's a simple matter of setting up a config file and getting it to run via cron which was relatively easy.

Back to deluge...
To get the additional functionality I was missing from transmission I too was tempted to try and move over to using deluge (flexget also has greater integration with deluge).

I downloaded all the required dependencies using either ipkg or directly from source (which was the case for pyxdg and chardet) and installed all of them without any issues. Then I ran the clean and build commands and again no issues (well a few warnings which I just ignored - probably why I'm now getting stuck!!). When running setup.py install it now gives me an error and I haven't got a clue what it means yet:

python setup.py install
/opt/lib/python2.5/distutils/dist.py:263: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'include_package_data'
  warnings.warn(msg)
/opt/lib/python2.5/distutils/dist.py:263: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'entry_points'
  warnings.warn(msg)
running install
running install_lib
running build_py
running install_data
running install_egg_info
Removing /opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge-1.2.1-py2.5.egg-info
Writing /opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge-1.2.1-py2.5.egg-info
running install_scripts
running build_scripts
error: cannot copy tree 'build/scripts-2.5': not a directory

Have you got anywhere with your attempts? Maybe we can share notes? Wouldn't it be cool if we had a flexget.spk and an deluge.spk to spare all us newbies all this hassle...if there's anyone out there who has the expertise to create the packages I'd be very grateful, unfortunately I don't have the know how to do it myself...

Sam
samirrpatel
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby agnaramasi » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Sam, How did you install the dependency libtorrent-rasterbar? The package in the ipkg repository was too old, and I couldn't get it to compile myself.
Last edited by agnaramasi on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agnaramasi
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby pezman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:52 pm

If you want sorting of torrents with transmission, you can use flexget to do that as well..
A litle more work when they change season number, but it works perfect
There is a guide how to sort torrents on the flexget homepage..

In the settings.json file for transmission, you can setup how much you want to seed the files
# ratio-limit: Number (default = 2.0)
# ratio-limit-enabled: Boolean (default = false)
it's just to set it to true and change how much you want to seed the files

And if you need more setting to controll transmission, you can use the transmissionrpc plugin that have been written for flexget
http://flexget.com/wiki/Plugins/transmissionrpc
It works... Just finnished rewriting my configfile for flexget...
pezman
Trainee
Trainee

Postby gnomesgames » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:18 pm

@pezman :
Hi, can you post your config file ? It would help me a lot to understand how to configure flexget...

gnomesgames
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby pezman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:04 pm

I have 2 diffrent config files for flexget..
On for sorting my downloads:

feeds:
  manage-series:
    listdir: /volume1/downloads/
    disable_builtins: yes
    regexp:
      accept:
        - chuck: /volume2/series/Chuck/Season 3/
        - how.i.met.your.mother: /volume2/series/How i met your mother/Season 5/
        - the.big.bang.theory: /volume2/series/The big bang theory/Season 3/
        - two.and.a.half.men: /volume2/series/Two and a half men/Season 7/
        - scrubs: /volume2/series/Scrubs/Season 9/
        - dirty.jobs: /volume2/series/Dirty jobs/Season 7/
        - brothers.and.sisters: /volume2/series/Brothers and sisters/Season 4/
        - one.tree.hill: /volume2/series/One tree hill/Season 7/
        - "24": /volume2/series/24/Season 8/
        - cougar.town: /volume2/series/Cougar town/Season 1/
        - ugly.betty: /volume2/series/Ugly betty/Season 4/
        - "desperate.housewives": /volume2/series/Desperate housewives/Season 6/
        - gossip.girl: /volume2/series/Gossip girl/Season 3/
        - "house": /volume2/series/House/Season 6/
    manipulate:
      source:
        regexp: file://(.*)
    exec: mv "%(source)s" "%(path)s"

And for downloading series:
presets:
  serier:
    regexp:
      reject:
        - 720p   
    series:
      - chuck
      - one tree hill
      - the big bang theory
      - how i met your mother
      - house
      - brothers and sisters
      - ugly betty
      - two and a half men
      - "24"
      - gossip girl
      - cougar town
      - dirty jobs
      - scrubs
      - desperate housewives
      - damages

feeds:
  eztv:
    rss: http://ezrss.it/feed
    preset: serier
    transmissionrpc:
      host: localhost
      port: 9091
      username: pezman
      password: **********
      ratio: 1.0
    email:
      to: pezbot@
      smtp_host:

I have rejected the flexget to download the 720p files, for i don't need that high quality on my series..

Hope this will help you...
pezman
Trainee
Trainee

Postby agnaramasi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 pm

anyone have luck installing deluge?
this would be a great achievement!
deluge is supposedly the most aggressive client for seeding large numbers of torrents, which is something I'm sure many of us could appreciate.
i don't have time now to invest in this, but would appreciate the help of anyone who does.
agnaramasi
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Sandybanks » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Hey,
This is a great, great idea!!!
Does anyone have the interest in installing flexget + deluge on a synology? I'd really appreciate tips for installing them on a 207+

Sancho
Sandybanks
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby replicant » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Has all hope been lost on this little endeavor? I've been (mostly) happy with rtorrent + rutorrent + some of the rutorrent plugins, but its still not a perfectly automated setup. This flexget sounds really intriguing and to be able to use it with transmission as an addon to the synology station web ui would be a nice bonus.

Any updates on this? :)
replicant
I'm New!
I'm New!

Next

Return to Torrent Engines/Download Station Mods