New version SABnzbd+ package & helper & DS1010+ support

The discussion lounge for add-on Synology packages.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

New version SABnzbd+ package & helper & DS1010+ support

Postby merty » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi everyone,

Today I released the new version of my SABnzbd+ package for Diskstations. There is no update this time, because of a complete rebuild and changed parameters/possibilities of the 0.5 version of SABnzbd+.

This is changed:
* Latest version: 0.5 RC3 , you can upgrade yourself when new version comes out !
* Included 3th party "SABhelper" this program wil help you with:
- Upload the version of SABnzbd+ you want: just grab the sources tar.gz file and upload it via SABhelper ! Now you dont have to wait 'till I have a new update version, just upgrade when SABnzbd+ is released !
- Setting the right download directory/share, just click on what share you want your SABnzbd+ on.
- Dealing strange characters in filenames that prevents deleting or using the file
- Setting file and directory permissions to everyone on all downloaded files and directories
* python upgraded to version 2.5.4 (no, don't wanna use 2.6 there is no benefit in this)
* ionice included (only supported on DSM firmware with kernel 2.6.13 or higher)
* The Synology versions of unrar & zip that comes along with latest firmware version will be used.
* SABnzbd+0.5.0RC3 is included in package (and of course, you can always up- or downgrade it via SABhelper)
* Admin URL in packagemanager will go directy to SABnzbd url. No need for redirect script or specially crafted URLS. Even port configuration change will update admin url.
* Support for the DS1010+
* Much improved & speeded up start and stop of services. Will not interfere with any other python processes

Beware, "SABhelper" makes use of the "ext-2" ajax/javascript libraries included since firmware DSM2.1 . Older Diskstations with firmware before DSM2.1 - like the DSx06 series, can not use this program (-yet).

Anyway, you can download it all on:
http://www.mertymade.com/syno/#sab2

Have fun.

Remco
merty
Experienced
Experienced

Re: New version SABnzbd+ package & helper & DS1010+ support

Postby thomassio » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:40 pm

A great package and very easy to install, but i have one question: how do i start Sabhelper?

tia,
Thomas
thomassio
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby grego77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:29 am

that is a good one..have you had your answer ?
grego77
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby grego77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:33 am

Actually, I just found your answer...in your synology menu, it is at the bottom..."third party application"
grego77
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby AmokK » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi !

Thanks for this package !!

I'm having trouble with the default "set to everyone permission" mentionned.
Every file I download is accessible, but when I want to move or delete, the "Everyone" permission blocks me, I have to do it using admin account.
I don't know how to change that, I only have one users group, default "users", and I never had any problem with previous releases of your package.
Any help appreciated :)
AmokK
Trainee
Trainee

Postby AmokK » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:16 am

Help please :)

I tried to create a user group called "Everyone" to match Sabnzbd default permissions, and get my users in it, but still the same problem, only admin can delete or move files.
I just wish to get permissions set like older versions :)

Thanks !!
AmokK
Trainee
Trainee

Postby AmokK » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:43 am

Still waiting for a little hint :)
I just found that every file in "incomplete" folder are movable/deletable without issues, just wish to get permissions for everything in "complete" too :)
AmokK
Trainee
Trainee

Postby merty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

When I stated "read/write access for everyone" I didn't mean "group everyone", just any user - no matter group or username. Setting the checkbox "write permissions" in the fixing part of SABnzbd helper and pressing the button will set the file and directory rights to 0777, that means read-write-execute for anyone. In older older SABnzbd+ versions, it was possible to set this option via a commandline switch. Nowadays, you have to configure it ("permissions") field, default it will be blank, which will switch to default, in our case read/write only for root.

If SABnzbd helper isn't working, then the easiest way is to create the folder structure yourself, or at least download/incomplete and complete dirs yourself via your PC and next let SABnzbd+ point to those directories. This way, you are sure all rights are set the right way.

Regards,

Remco
merty
Experienced
Experienced

Postby imperatorviken » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi everyone

I'm having a problem with sabnzbd on my DS107+
in fact the service won't start and when i start it manually it tells me :

DiskStation> /var/packages/sab2/target/scripts/sabstart.sh
/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.5.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What am i doing wrong ? please help me :(
imperatorviken
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby merty » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:53 pm

imperatorviken wrote:DiskStation> /var/packages/sab2/target/scripts/sabstart.sh
/var/packages/sab2/target/utils/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.5.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
What am i doing wrong ? please help me :(

Strange, looks like your installation didn't went very well. Go to /var/packages/sab2/target/utils/lib. Check with ls -l the files. should be something like:
Code: Select all
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           19 Mar  1 20:42 libpython2.5.so -> libpython2.5.so.1.0
-r-xr-xr-x    1 admin    users     1356540 Jan 31 15:11 libpython2.5.so.1.0

(file size may differ, this is from an DS408)
If you don't see the link or the 2.5.so.1.0, you have a malformed installation...weird..

Anyway, I've updated the packages to 0.5.0 final. Uninstall current one and install this one.Maybe this will help...

Regards,

Remco
merty
Experienced
Experienced

Postby imperatorviken » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi
Thanks for the support everything went well with the new package !
imperatorviken
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby JunkDeluxe » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Is there anyway to make sure the downloads go to your normal shares?

SABnzbd has a default home in " /var/packages/sab2/target/sab " in the web config i can only alter the underlying path of sab's own dir.

Would be cool if i could make sure the downloads go to my normal share at eg. /volume1/Movies
JunkDeluxe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby merty » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:16 am

Use the SABnzbd+ helper, set the right share and use the "file fixer" to Move old downloads to current download directory .

Regards,

Remco
merty
Experienced
Experienced

Postby JunkDeluxe » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:16 pm

merty wrote:Use the SABnzbd+ helper, set the right share and use the "file fixer" to Move old downloads to current download directory .

Regards,

Remco

Great :) Thanks - Found it under 3'rd party applications if anyone cant see it.

Another question - Is it not possible for SABnzbd to verify, repair, unpack & delete all in one go?

In the options for a download i can only choose one of them. Either "+delete", "+repair", ""+unpack". The same goes for the config, where i should choose the default option.

I had one download failed because it said "need repair". I didnt have any repair option in the interface for it sadly.
JunkDeluxe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby zaph47 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:29 am

Either the file you downloaded was corrupted or you need to update to the newest Synology firmware...
zaph47
Trainee
Trainee

Next

Return to Official Synology Packages