I have added the IQeye 702
to the User Reported Compatible IP Cameras
The camera is compatible and works with surveillance station (SS). However, these are the issues I have encountered so far:
1. Having to manually enter a frame rate in SS is causing problems. In the daytime I get 25fps. In the evening, the camera drops down to 5fps because it uses a light enhancing algorithm. If I don't update the frame rate in SS (in the evening), it loses the picture, and I get Status "unknown". My question is, why do we need to enter the framerate in SS? Can't it just automatically accept whatever framerate is being outputted by the camers? And if the camera's output happens to change, then SS should be able to re-sync automatically, even if it means stopping the recording and restarting it when SS has re-synced. Currently the only way around this is to keep it at 5 fps in SS.
2. Even where I lock a recording in the Event tab of SS, it can be deleted. This is a problem where I have lots and lots of motion-detected 15 second recordings through the night (a problem discussed in other threads), and I do a mass delete in SS. I thought the locking feature was supposed to protect the file against deletion?
3. In Camera/Edit/Options, I find that the option to limit the size of the archive folder does not seem to work. If I set it at 10GB, it often exceeds it. I thought it was supposed to overwrite earlier files when the limit was reached?
4. In the Live View tab:
(a) the live picture is about a second slower and more jerky than the live picture on the IP camera's webinterface. Why is this?
(b) there are only three selectable frame-sizes, i.e. 320x240, 640x480 and 960x720. Does this list change depending on which cameras are supported?
5. In SS, the following features are not able to be configured:
(a) Camera/Edit/Video: Cannot select the resolution drop down menu. Is there any point to the menu, given that it automatically takes the resolution from the camera anyway? Why can't it also automatically take the frame rate as well?
(b) Camera/Edit/Options: Cannot select either (i) Enable alarm recording while in continuous recording mode; or (ii) Motion detection by the camera. It would be great if (ii) was selectable, as the camera has complex and highly configurable motion detection settings.
(c) Camera/Edit/Schedule. Cannot select either (i) Alarm Recording; or (ii) Motion Detection and Alarm Recording.
6. Playback in the SS Event player is very slow in Firefox, e.g. 1-2 fps. However, playback in Windows Media Player is perfect.
I would be grateful for feedback from Synology. The camera is clearly compatible with SS. It is my hope that in the next firmware release, Synology will officially support
this camera as well. Thanks.