If php can't access the directory where your music files are, the script won't play the files. You get an error like "ERROR: The $config['path'] "/volume1/music" isn't readable". You need to add the music folder to php's config file. To do this:
- Enable telnet or ssh access to your Disk station: "http://www.synology.com/enu/support/download.php#Patches"
- Log on as root (the password is whatever your admin user password to the web interface is)
- edit "/usr/syno/etc/php.ini" adding "/volume1/music" to the "open_basedir" directive.
To do this:
- type "vi /usr/syno/etc/php.ini" then hit the return key.
- hit the "Esc" key and then use the "J" key to move the cursor down to the line that starts with "open_basedir = ". If you go too far down, use the "K" key to move upwards.
- You will see a list of directories after the "=" sign.
- Hold the "Shift" key and then, press the "A" key. This will move you to the end of the line and enter Append mode ie. any keys you hit now will enter text into the file.
- type ":/volume1/music"
- then, hit the "Esc" key and then type "wq!" at the prompt which appears.
- The changes have now been saved to the file.
- Restart the web server by either restarting your DS or typing "/usr/syno/etc.defaults/rc.d/S97apache-user.sh restart" and pressing the return key .
- It should work now