DS Video for Android

Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Re: DS Video for Android

Postby ds410boy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:50 am

Thanks, i am well aware of the method used to indicate and install available package updates but i appreciate the help.

Screen shot below shows DSM version , VideoStation version and no update button : (

If you could look into it further that would be great

Thanks again
ds410boy
Versed
Versed

Postby Jeremie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:07 am

ds410boy wrote:Thanks, i am well aware of the method used to indicate and install available package updates but i appreciate the help.

Thanks again

Could you check the following setting in the Package center: it enables the Beta releases to be pushed to you. If its disabled, you won't see the upgrade buttons.

Let me know if this helps.
Jeremie
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby ds410boy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:11 am

Jeremie wrote:
ds410boy wrote:Thanks, i am well aware of the method used to indicate and install available package updates but i appreciate the help.

Thanks again

Could you check the following setting in the Package center: it enables the Beta releases to be pushed to you. If its disabled, you won't see the upgrade buttons.

Let me know if this helps.

Ah ha :)

That's the badger !

I now have a number of updates available after making that change - didn't know about the BETA channel option - Thanks Jeremie
ds410boy
Versed
Versed

Postby borospark » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:15 am

You need to select the download beta option in settings

ds410boy wrote:
Jeremie wrote:
ds410boy wrote:Cool that its out , im not about to iqnstall the BETA so its a couple more months wait for me.

I have downloaded DSVideo but it needs Video Station 1.1 , which it seems requires DSM 4.2 - oh well !

Hi,

You don't need to install DSM 4.2 beta, you can choose to only upgrade Video Station.
Go to the package center, and select update (off the top of my mind, may be a different word...it's the orange button).

This will upgrade to Video Station 1.1 beta,you'll be able to use DS video that way... but you will still be on DSM 4.1 for all the rest.

Jeremie

Thanks for the reply Jeremie , i know the application has to be updated independantly but im afraid there isn't an update option on video station - i imagine it only becomes available when you are on 4.2.

Just double checked again in case it changed, im on v 1.0-0082 with not option to update

If this could be enabled for 4.1 that would be great, i will keep an eye on it ?

is it available as stand alone download anywhere ?
borospark
Novice
Novice

Postby ronwilliamsca » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 pm

ds410boy wrote:Cool that its out , im not about to install the BETA so its a couple more months wait for me.

I have downloaded DSVideo but it needs Video Station 1.1 , which it seems requires DSM 4.2 - oh well !

Actually that is not correct for what I did.

I have Android DS Video (Beta) operating on several Android tablets
Then I was required to install Video Station (Beta) on my Synology NAS.
But I kept the existing (latest) DSM 4.1 on my Synology NAS.

And, it works good.

Strange though, when DS Video app is started on the 4 Android devices I have tried it on, it usually takes about 3 to 5 minutes while the "Loading..." message flashes. Annoying.

When running DS video on 2 different iPad's, it usually takes around 30 seconds. Still annoying, but can life with for now.
ronwilliamsca
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ronwilliamsca » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Here's a request when starting up DS Video in Android or iPad.

There are no Movie thumbnails.

[ If you run Video Station (say on your Windows machine, through the Synology web browser), then you have a full list of all Movie thumbnails. Looks great. Love it! ]

But, when I am running DS Video on the Android or iPad, there are no thumbnails.

And if I switch from Movie to TV Show, then I see all the thumbnails for the TV shows.

But if I go to the Movie selection, no thumbnails (or even lists of movies).

So the only way to find a movie is to a search for the movie.

Please add that to the "fix it" list for both Android and IOS.

Ron
ronwilliamsca
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Jeremie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:20 pm

ronwilliamsca wrote:Here's a request when starting up DS Video in Android or iPad.

There are no Movie thumbnails.

[ If you run Video Station (say on your Windows machine, through the Synology web browser), then you have a full list of all Movie thumbnails. Looks great. Love it! ]

But, when I am running DS Video on the Android or iPad, there are no thumbnails.

And if I switch from Movie to TV Show, then I see all the thumbnails for the TV shows.

But if I go to the Movie selection, no thumbnails (or even lists of movies).

So the only way to find a movie is to a search for the movie.

Please add that to the "fix it" list for both Android and IOS.

Ron

Hi Ron,

this seems strange, I don't have this issue on either platform. when the network is really slow, thumbnails can take time to show, but the problem isn't specific to Movies, and TV show will also display with a lag.

I would recommend checking your network. If speeds are ok, then don't hesitate to contact our team for them to check this issue.

Thanks
Jeremie
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby ejnar_1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Im having problem logging in with DSVideo while not on my own LAN. It works fine with DS_File but not with DS_Video. I can access from within my own LAN and play videos. I have forwarded ports 5005 and 5006 in my router and registerd at myname.synology.me. I have tried with nn.synology.me and also with port added nn.synology.me:5005 or :5006, with and without HTTPS. The account have right to use DS_Video

Anyone have any good ideas how to solve this?
ejnar_1
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Squiffy101 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm also experiencing the same problem as above. Upgraded the DSM to get the Video Station but can only obtain Video Station Version 1.0-0082 with now ability to upgrade to v1.1

Any chance of a link to the download?

Cheers, Squiffy
Squiffy101
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby HarryPotter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:21 pm

*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS713+ / DSM 5.1-4977 beta / 2 x HD204UI (RAID0) / LMS 7.7.3-039
DS712+ / DSM 5.1-4977 beta / 2 x HDS721010KLA330 (RAID0)
DS110+ / DSM 5.0-4493-5 / HD154UI
DS408 / DSM 4.0 2265 / 2 x ST31000340AS (RAID0) + 1 x HDS721010KLA330
DS207+ / DSM 3.1.1639 / ST31000340AS + WD5000KS

2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom
Rapsody N35

APC Smart UPS SUA750i
HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Postby Squiffy101 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Many thanks :-) I actually misunderstood, thinking there was a file to update and not update to the beta DSM. I'll give it a shot anyway.
Squiffy101
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby zoomee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Running the latest beta version available on 4.2 and it works great streaming MKV videos to both my S3 and Note 10.1

Unfortunately MX Player doesn't support DTS so half my movies don't have any audio :(
If I try to use a different player that does support DTS - i.e. BS Player I get an unsupported codec error :<

Would be great if DTS was supported aswell please guys, thanks.
zoomee
Trainee
Trainee

Postby borospark » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 pm

I also have a problem with some avi's on MX player, I think its the codec DX50, Ive checked a few files with gspot and dx50 seems to be common with them all.
Ive tried the same files with Archos video player and they play fine but this doesnt support AC3

zoomee wrote:Running the latest beta version available on 4.2 and it works great streaming MKV videos to both my S3 and Note 10.1

Unfortunately MX Player doesn't support DTS so half my movies don't have any audio :(
If I try to use a different player that does support DTS - i.e. BS Player I get an unsupported codec error :<

Would be great if DTS was supported aswell please guys, thanks.
borospark
Novice
Novice

Postby borospark » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 am

Forget that, just downloaded the MX neon codec pack and everything works fine now
borospark
Novice
Novice

Previous

Return to DS video