After using the app for a few days, I thought of a few features that may make DS Photo even better. I'm not sure how possible these are in implementing though...
- A rotate button to rectify the orientation of some photos. Ideally, it would be great to be able to make this change in the image permanent.
- A delete button, or something similar (slide to bring up the delete option, or press and hold on the photo to bring up the delete option). I have a number of doubles in my list, and having to go through steps to delete becomes laborious.
- The option to seamlessly continue browsing through to the next folder/album without having to jump out into the parent directory. I have some loose albums, but mainly they're all in dated folders. It is somewhat annoying that I have to go back a couple of times in the GUI to get to the next dated folder. It would be awesome to be able to continue browsing seamlessly through.
- An Add to Album option, much like an audio playlist but for photos. Having the option to do this from the DS Photo app would be great. You would be able to upload to the new album and add to it from your existing library without creating a copy of it but referencing it somehow. The option to add an existing photo would appear in the options for each photo.
- Have the name of the folder appear in Thumbnail mode as well. This obviously works in List Mode, whereby the name of the folder the photos are in appears next to the thumbnail, but it would be helpful to see it below the larger thumbnail in thumbnail mode.
- When playing a video clip in DS Photo +, the aspect ratio changes. It appears correct before hitting the play button, but is then changed to appear vertically stretched.
It seems that the Video Aspect Ratio issue has been fixed in the latest DSM version (2228)