sl2013 wrote:In disk management, it looks like I have 1 volume x 2TB. And it says nothing about the other disk except to say it is there and status is 'normal'. I assume this is usual.
HarryPotter wrote:The only way:
- shutdown, remove 1 HD, reboot
- shutdown, reinsert, HD, reboot
- create new SHR volume with HD
- move data from old, degraded volume to new volume
- delete old volume
- expand 2nd volume with 2nd HD
maxxfi wrote: As you previously had 2TB disk, the first 'slice' from all disks has to be 2TB, and so the 500GB disks cannot be included in that configuration.
BenzOzzy wrote:My question is this; what do I do when the volume (2.68TB) is eventually full?
maxxfi wrote:BenzOzzy wrote:My question is this; what do I do when the volume (2.68TB) is eventually full?
You can upgrade to bigger drives, e.g. with 4TB disks:
- remove one of the 3TB disks, replace it with a 4TB disk, resync the array
- remove the other 3TB, replace it with a 4TB disk, resync the array, then expand to use the extra 1TB from the news disks
Or, if you change NAS, e.g. you swap your DS212+ for a 4-bays DS412+:
- move the two disks to the 412+, resync
- add more disks (3TB or bigger) and extend the current volume, or create a new one
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests