After searching for some moments, I decided to post my problem. I found some cases quite similar too mine, but no answer were given. Maybe Synology can help.
Here is the story :
- My DS1010+ was perfectly running well for 2 years now. The latest firmware was always installed, just before v4 of DMS.
- 3 days ago, I decided to reboot my DS1010+ before upgrading to DSM 4. From the web interface, i launched the reboot.
- Since the NAS rebooted, the status LED keeps flashing orange...
- I decided to use the latest Synology Assistant to upgrade it anyway. The Assistant sees my NAS : it says that my NAS is "can be migrated" (My NAS is in french...), what does it mean ? By the way, Assitant tells me that DSM 4.0.2198 is installed...
- Anyway, I try to upgrade to DSM 4.0.2197 (and 2198 today). LAN configuration goes OK, NO system partition format, NO data partition format, DSM files copy seems to be OK, reboot...
- And then, the status LED keep flashing orange. Assistant says that the installation is successful, but even if I can ping the NAS, I have no access to any web interface or telnet port.
- So I tried to reset the NAS : First 4 seconds on reset button, first beep, then I press a second time the reset button until I ear another single beep, no 3 beeps. And the NAS doesn't reboot... The reset doesn't seems to work.
Whatever I do, the status LED keeps flashing orange and the fans make noise turning very fast.
So my question is : what to do ? I had 2 times the possibility to access port 23, but the NAS didn't negociate an IP adress..
How to know where the problem comes from ?
I don't want to do anything that may make me destroy my data
I'm a bit worried about my data on the NAS, even if I have a backup...
Same problem here, in french : http://www.nas-forum.com/forum/topic/25601-staut-pouvant-etre-migre-apres-un-redemarrage/