I've got this problem with my remote acces. I already dropped it on the dutch forum but there isn't anyone out that who seems to be able to help me. Hopefull one of you guys can.
Problem: I'm not able to acces the main page of my DS212j. So the page where you can log in.
This is my setup:
- My ISP delivers the internet through my Speedtouch THOMSON ST706 Modem.
- That modem is connected to my Asus RT-N10 router.
- The DS212j is connected to my router.
- The DS212j runs on DSM 4.0 BETA
- The DS212j has a static IP.
This is what i know so far / did so far:
- Run the tutorial: http://www.synology.com/tutorials/how_t
- Googled/Yahoo'd/Wikipedia'd for answers..
- Asked my question on the dutch forum: http://www.synology-forum.nl
- "forwarded port 5000/5001 from router to ds212j"
- Forwarded port 5000/5001 from my modem to my router (that is connected on ethernetport 1)
- Also tried forwarding from modem directly to my internal ip where my synology runs on.
- With the new EzCloud application on DSM 4.0 i got an ezCloud ID. With that i can log succesfully into the files on my DS212j with the FileManager app on my iOs device (in my own network but also outside on the 3G network or on any other wifi network). But that ezCloud ID is kinda useless if i wanna log into my DS212j through an browser on another pc/network
- The firewall settings are correct and allow acces through that ports (already had to deal with that when activating Photo+)
- This remote acces never worked before. Noted that i only have this Synlogy for 2 weeks.
What did i see / What happened?
- When i forwarded the port from my router to my synology. The settingpage in DSM says it has "failed"
- when i go to my external ip, when im in my network, it goed directly to the settingpages of my modem
- when im outside my network, i cant go to my external ip (without port no respons, and with for instance :5000, also no response)
Hopefully someone out here can help me out. If you need any screenshots to clarify something, please ask! Already many thanks for reading my thread and trying for helping me out!