Media Server Not Always Showing Up (Seagate FAT +)

Questions regarding media streaming across varied protocols, including UPnP/DLNA/CIFS can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Media Server Not Always Showing Up (Seagate FAT +)

Postby momarfan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Hello All. I recently got a DS211j and have it wired to a DIR-655 Router and I have a Seagate Free Agent Theater + (FAT+) also wired directly to the same router. I am able to see the NAS sometimes when I look for media servers and other time it is not there. I have had to reboot the NAS and my router sometimes but I am convinced the NAS is the problem as I have another media server setup on a computer that always shows up.

Also I cannot see the NAS on FAT+ when browsing the network, I can see the media server as mentioned if I am lucky

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
momarfan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Media Server