ozPJ wrote:... If I was a betting man I'd say the problem was either to do with having the gui sitting on a machine with the download station running and this causing an increase in processes that aren't taken down correctly. Or the same thing with regard to a 3rd party download app.
You must be a betting man !!
Here the answer of the Synology Tech :
The root cause is that some other function keep using the "download_redirector.cgi". So it finally hit the system session limitation. We assume you are using our download redirect application or you may install other browser add-ons that try to communicate with Download Station.
Currently, we change the name of the "download_redirector.cgi" to prevent this problem.
Finally it's working now until 2 days without lost of connection.
Thanks a lot, Synology Tech. team !!
I don't have "Download redirector", but I've installed on a second PC a Firefox extension called "Synoloader 0.9". I've disabled it now, and I don't remember when I installed it as I never used it.
I've seen that the Download redirector works on port 5000. Could be an exterior attack too.
For now, as I give root access to my Diskstation at the Synology Tech. team, I allow only their IP to passtrough my router on port 5000. Could be that too.