Hi there, I'm new here
I use Macs and want to get the most out of my Synology.
If I use an iSCSI to expand my laptop:
- is it easy/safe to connect to over the net when on the road
- is all the data on the iSCSI covered by the setup RAID (so I don't lose data when one of the drives melts down)?
- any problems on expanding the RAID when using iSCSI
- Will I really see a speed advantage or should I stick to normal shared volumes?
- Can I use Time Machine to backup the iSCSI target? (If possible even to the same Synology NAS?)
- Is there any good content on the net? I find many tutorials either don't go deep enough into the subject or are made for network specialists