I'd like to start a new project of automatic movie downloader for NAS (and other platform).
For those who know, it will be like CouchPotato, but with more features and for several langauages.
I am looking for people interested in the project to gather a team.
Here are the first ideas. Nothing is fixed so if you have suggestions, I am ready to add them.
The purpose of the project is to create an open source platform to automatically download movies; the metadata associated (XBMC, PLEX …) and sort the files.
Basically a user will select a movie in any way we can imagine and it will be downloaded to the correct folder with the desired form. All the steps between the choice of a movie and the view will be invisible.
The system must be as simple as possible to setup but will be fully customizable.
Why not using CouchPotato?
CouchPotato is a really good app but some features are missing and it is only dedicated for English movies.
- Open source
- Multi platform (NAS, Linux, Windows …)
- Use of proven technologies
- Multi language (interface and content)
- Main interface: local website
- Plugin system for multi-language support
- Movie collection display
- Possibility to have online streaming (for those who have a high upload rate)
- iPhone app
- Android app
- BlackBerry app
- Whatever platform app
Technologies (subject to change)
- Python (2.x or 3.x)
- Cherrypy for the web server
- Guessit for the name analysis
- Periscope for subtitle download
- Sabnzbd or nzbget for nzb downloads
- Hosted on GitHub
- Python developer
- NAS integration
- Graphic designer
- HTML 5 developer
- HTML 5 mobile developer
- iPhone developer
- Android developer
- Two persons who knows the websites/system for nzb downloading per language (one for the nzb searching, one for the metadata scraping)
For example, I can do it for French movies (I know we can find nzb on binnews.in, http://passion-xbmc.org/scraper/index2.php is a very good scraper)
That's all for the moment. I hope some people will be interested in the project. Even if you don't have the computer skills, don't hesitate to send suggestions.
Have a good day