Topics pertaining to volume setup, boot/shutdown, initialization, DSM update, HDD migration.
I have just bought a Disk Station DS-207 128MB with 2 x Maxtor 6Y160M0 152,67 GB connected on a switch.
I tried to configure the Disk Station with a Vista Home Premium PC and a Windows XP SP2 Laptop. Both wireless or directly connected to the switch.
1. After connection to the station trough the initial setup with the Synology Assistent the setup stops just giving the error that there was an error (?).
2. I had to restart the Disk Staion
3. After startup the Disk Station started to beep: few beeps, pause, few beeps, etc. and indicated it had crashed.
4. At the webbased console at storage > volume the disk status of both drives was normal, but the suggestion was made "Unable to use this volume. Please remove it." So I did, successfully
6. Then I created a new volume (2 disks in RAID 0)
7. In the proces of creating the volume, the system keeps getting stuck at creating the file system. The webconsole cannot be reached anymore.
The only thing I can do is start with step 2. but keep getting stuck at step 7.
Can anyone please help me out?
A desperate want-to-be user!
- I'm New!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:47 pm
It would appear that your HDDs have multiple bad sectors, which are affecting the system and data partitions. Please refer to the following link, which will explain how to fix your dilemma
- Synology Inc
- Posts: 6649
- Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:33 pm
- Location: Washington, USA
Return to Installation, Configuration, Migration, Expansion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], i5Js and 4 guests