Successfully got my Macbook to use my HP deskjet F380 through my Synology NAS DS-101jThe Hardwares
My Macbook = OSX 10.6.1, 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM
My NAS = Synology DS-101J. Firmware: DSM 2.0-0731
Connection = Macbook and NAS connected via LAN. HP Deskjet F380 connected to my NAS via usbThe Drivers
Cannot use the official HP driver. Need to use the HPIJS suite from the Linux foundation. See full details here: http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/MacOSX/hpijs
1. install HPIJS
2. install Ghostscript for Mac OS X
3. install Foomatic-RIPPrinter Configuration
Then, add printer using System Preference > Printer & Fax:
1. Type = LPD
2. IP = the IP address of your NAS
3. queue name = "usbprinter"
4. driver = select "use specific driver", then choose "HP Deskjet F300 Foomatic/hpijs" from the pick-listNote: pls pardon me for my translation on the field names mentioned above. I am using a non-English GUI.