SONOS and TV cannot see NAS when hibernated...help

All questions regarding system hibneration may be placed here. Thanks!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

SONOS and TV cannot see NAS when hibernated...help

Postby kingy99 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi

I have just purchased a DS213+ NAS the main purpose being that I can stream music tomy SONOS PLAY 5 and movies to my PS51D6900D Samsung TV WITHOUT having my pc switched on.

So i have set the components up and they work fine with the PC on. However when the drive goes into hibernation - the TV can no longer see the NAS and Sonos can no longer find network path.

If i power on the PC and authenticate and connect to the NAS share all works fine on the SONOS and TV.

Basically it looks like neither the TV nor SONOS can bring the NAS out of hibernate which kind of makes the NAS pointless.

Anyone offer any advice?
kingy99
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: SONOS and TV cannot see NAS when hibernated...help

Postby JaMan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. Bought the DS213+ with 2 WD NAS-specific hard-disks to work with my SONOS system that I have setup all over the house. As soon as the NAS goes into hibernation the SONOS can't play music anymore and isn't able to get it out of hibernation. When this happens my MAC can't access the NAS neither over the local network. Really annoying as I then have to press the NAS power button to bring it back on...

Really disappointed.

Anyone know how tho fix this?

Thanks.
JaMan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby wagonface » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm

I too have a similar issue: 212j and WD Red disks. If the NAS is in hibernation, the Sonos system cannot wake it up. Has anyone found a way of resolving this?
wagonface
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Exibit » Tue May 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Has this been resolved, looking to add a Sonos Play 5
Synology 213+
Western Digital Caviar Red 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache X 2
DSM 4.2-3211; Build Date : 2013/04/18
A Dog Is ForVersion
Christmas Not
Just A Friday