Always wakes up from hibernation, "once"

All questions regarding system hibneration may be placed here. Thanks!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Always wakes up from hibernation, "once"

Postby oRBIT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 pm

My DS212 is a bit strange. When the unit is idle, it goes to hibernation, but immediately wakes up again. After another 15 minutes (this is my hibernate-timer), the unit finally goes to hibernation the way it should.
It seems to work this way always, which is a bit annoying.

I find it very unlikely that something accesses the NAS exactly when it goes to hibernation *EVERYTIME*. And if something accessed it, I guess it shouldn't hibernate at all.

Anyone with similar experience and knows how to fix it?
DS412+ (Seagate Momentus 500GB, ST9500325AS & Samsung Ecogreen F4, 2TB, HD204UI)
oRBIT
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Always wakes up from hibernation, "once"

Postby fw_man » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Yep. Exactly the same annoying issue. I wish I knew how to keep it asleep. I have disabled pretty much everything by now. It hibernates fine, but immediately or almost immediately wakes up.
Has got to be bad for the drives :(
fw_man
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby EBE » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:45 pm

I was also having this issue with DSM 4.0. I never fixed it and I wish I could say it's better on 4.1, but actually it's worse, see viewtopic.php?f=83&t=57540.

What you could try is the workaround I mentioned there, if you're on Windows: issue net use * /delete from the command line to kill the network connections. (or equivalent in other OSes)
EBE
Trainee
Trainee

Postby oRBIT » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't have this issue at all with my new DS213+ thankfully.. Strange since I have the same apps installed.
DS412+ (Seagate Momentus 500GB, ST9500325AS & Samsung Ecogreen F4, 2TB, HD204UI)
oRBIT
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby dunxed » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:40 pm

I have this problem too... With 212 on 4.1. Dd anyone have any joy fixing it?
dunxed
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Hibernation Room