Always wakes up from hibernation, "once"

All questions regarding system hibneration may be placed here. Thanks!
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Always wakes up from hibernation, "once"

Postby oRBIT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 pm

My DS212 is a bit strange. When the unit is idle, it goes to hibernation, but immediately wakes up again. After another 15 minutes (this is my hibernate-timer), the unit finally goes to hibernation the way it should.
It seems to work this way always, which is a bit annoying.

I find it very unlikely that something accesses the NAS exactly when it goes to hibernation *EVERYTIME*. And if something accessed it, I guess it shouldn't hibernate at all.

Anyone with similar experience and knows how to fix it?
DS412+ (Seagate Momentus 500GB, ST9500325AS & Samsung Ecogreen F4, 2TB, HD204UI)
oRBIT
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Always wakes up from hibernation, "once"

Postby fw_man » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Yep. Exactly the same annoying issue. I wish I knew how to keep it asleep. I have disabled pretty much everything by now. It hibernates fine, but immediately or almost immediately wakes up.
Has got to be bad for the drives :(
fw_man
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby EBE » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:45 pm

I was also having this issue with DSM 4.0. I never fixed it and I wish I could say it's better on 4.1, but actually it's worse, see viewtopic.php?f=83&t=57540.

What you could try is the workaround I mentioned there, if you're on Windows: issue net use * /delete from the command line to kill the network connections. (or equivalent in other OSes)
EBE
Trainee
Trainee

Postby oRBIT » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't have this issue at all with my new DS213+ thankfully.. Strange since I have the same apps installed.
DS412+ (Seagate Momentus 500GB, ST9500325AS & Samsung Ecogreen F4, 2TB, HD204UI)
oRBIT
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby dunxed » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:40 pm

I have this problem too... With 212 on 4.1. Dd anyone have any joy fixing it?
dunxed
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Hibernation Room