VS80 Questions

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

VS80 Questions

Postby GlynH » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi there,

I just found out about the VS80...been looking for something like this for ages

There are many video servers out there that will convert analogue CCTV to IP but I need a device that works the other way ie. convert IP to analogue so I can tap into the cameras and display them on an analogue monitor via composite, S-Video or RGB.

Looks like the VS80 might be the answer to my prayers...if;

1. Instead of using a mouse to control it I could use an IR/RF/IP/Wi-Fi remote, iPhone, iPad etc.

2. I can install more than one VS80 so for example I can have one in my office connected to a spare monitor and then have a second VS80 connected to my TV in the living room. Obviously mouse control in the living room is clunky where a remote control either IR/RF/IP/Wi-Fi or iPhone etc mentioned in 1. above would be perfect :D

Does anyone know if either of these two things are possible and if not then why not? :wink:

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
GlynH
Trainee
Trainee

Re: VS80 Questions

Postby TexianHero » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:14 am

Glen, AXIS has a great decoder that will do exactly what you are looking for. Have used it several times and it works great.
TexianHero
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Surveillance Station