Live View Loses Connection after 10 seconds

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Live View Loses Connection after 10 seconds

Postby SnellyUSA » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi,
I've just got a Foscam FI8918W and connected it my network via wifi and setup the Surveillance station on my DS212j (DSM 3.2:1955).

I'm having a problem with the Live View. It works for about 10 seconds then disconnects.
If I change to Timeline or Management tab and then back to Live View - it comes back on for another 10 seconds.

The camera is working fine, it is still connected to the network, it still records image to the video recording function. If I look at it via the Foscam software it works fine with no dropping out.

I tried this on ie9 and Firefox, also on Windows 7 and Vista.

So, why would the "live view" keep dropping out?
Any ideas?
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Live View Loses Connection after 10 seconds

Postby SnellyUSA » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 am

I've just done a few tests with a range of browsers. The only one that I could get to work was Safari:

I believe this could be a Java applet issue (might be totally wrong on that)
Jave Version 6 Update 30 (build 1.6.0_30-b12)

Internet Explorer ver 9.0.8112.16421, update versions 9.0.5 (KB2647516)
Live View:- Camera displays for 10 seconds then shows as disconnected. Swapping between either Timeline or Management and back to Live View gives another 10 seconds each time. Tilt and Pan still work fine (camera physically moves and shows results in timeline)Timeline & Management:- Both work fine.

Firefox ver 10.0.2
Live View:- Camera as disconnected, no image. Tilt and Pan still work fine (camera physically moves and shows results in timeline)Timeline & Management:- Both work fine.

Safari ver: 5.1.2 (7534.52.7)
Live View:- Works fine (no zoom control).
Timeline & Management:- Both work fine.

Opera ver: 11.61 Build 1250
Live View:- Camera as disconnected, no image. Tilt and Pan still work fine (camera physically moves and shows results in timeline)Timeline & Management:- Both work fine.

Google Chrome ver 17.0.963.56
Live View:- Camera as disconnected, no image. Tilt and Pan still work fine (camera physically moves and shows results in timeline)
Timeline & Management:- Both work fine.

DS CAM v 1.2-045
Shows camera as disconnected.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can tell me which version of Java works, internet settings, etc.
Trainee
Trainee

Postby jey2002 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:50 pm

I have exactly the same problem, have you found a solution ?
jey2002
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tomazzz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Same here , did you guies find a solution ????

If yes ,post it here please!!!

Thanks.
tomazzz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Alkerion » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi !

I've the exact same issue with W7, java 1.7_17 and Firefox 19.0.2.

It's terrible to see that Synology doesn't care at all of the problem of Liveview and Java compatibility.

To me this app is a big piece of crap, nothing works as expected.

Spend days to try to get it to work without any success, only crashes and not working functions.
DS509+ with 5 x Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2TB in RAID 5 :-)
Alkerion
Trainee
Trainee

Postby jockc » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 pm

I was using a Trendnet TV-IP400W with Surveillance Station no problem. Live view worked fine, everything was good. I just replaced the IP400W with a Foscam FI8910W; now everything works except Live View. It gives me a Black screen; the controls on the left are there. They seem to work correctly. Just, no video.
jockc
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jockc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:33 am

Well I found out what my problem was. In the documentation it says if you select "Live View Source"=camera then you have to do some port forwarding magic to make it work. So I switched over to "Live View Source" = Surveillance Station; problem solved. (I am already port forwarding my Diskstation, I didn't want to have to do the cameras too)
jockc
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Surveillance Station