Manage button greyed out

Topics pertaining to volume setup, boot/shutdown, initialization, DSM update, HDD migration.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Manage button greyed out

Postby PosterBoy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:55 am

Hi

I upgraded my old DS 207+ to a new DS1512+. I installed the lastest version of DSM (4.2-3202) onto it and installed 4 3 TB WD Red drives. After the initial setup, I used the storage manager to setup a volume in raid 10 mode. I told it to read test the new volume for errors. It happily began doing this. Unfortunately, after a few hours, and before it had completed the full disk test, I had to relocate the NAS. I shut it down and moved it. After I started it back up, it did not resume the test. No problem. I was going to start a read scrub, which I understand is in the Storage Manager, Volume Tab, and hit the manage button with the volume of interest selected. Unfortunately, the manage button is greyed out. Why? Is there a way to restart the initial volume test without deleting the volume and starting over?

Thanks
PosterBoy
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Installation, Configuration, Migration, Expansion