Problem connecting to DS411

Questions regarding Mac OS X Specifically can be placed here, such as questions regarding TimeMachine, for example.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Problem connecting to DS411

Postby Koda » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:46 am

I can login to the DSM via firefox but when trying to connect to the server to transfer files it never works. When I go to the router configuration I see that the Mac/Linux file server has a port of 111,2049,892 and the windows file server has ports of 137,138,139,and 445. The FTP server has ports of 21, 55536-55536.

I am using Mac OS X Lion and I use the finder --> go --> connect to server. SMB doesn't work but the FTP connection does work. However, when trying to transfer a file it is stuck at "calculating time remaining" and it will never transfer the file. I have the DS411 set to DMZ to see if there was a port issue. What can I do to get this to work? It works perfectly fine when I am on LAN using the SMB connection. Thanks in advance!
Koda
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Problem connecting to DS411

Postby Koda » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 pm

I did a hard reset to my router to eliminate any problems, it helped with the AFP and FTP protocols, but SMB still does not work. I forwarded all the ports but when doing the network test for windows file server it fails. On a side note, I can connect using SMB just fine when connected to the VPN.
Koda
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Problem connecting to DS411

Postby jltnol » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:43 am

So you are trying to connect to your DS when you are out on the road, so to speak, right?

You clearly have got things set up correctly if you can reach the DS thru Firefox.

How big are the files you are trying to transfer? Must upload speeds are V E R Y S L O W. How big is the file you are trying to transfer?
jltnol
Experienced
Experienced

Return to Mac OS X