Mount synology on osx lion

Questions regarding Mac OS X Specifically can be placed here, such as questions regarding TimeMachine, for example.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Mount synology on osx lion

Postby Flox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Hello,

Can anyone explain to me how to mount the synology drive in a safe way (not smb of afp) on my mac with osx lion? I tried to make it work with fuse for osx and macfusion but it doesn't work.

Did anyone manage to do this? Or otherwise how to make a safe backup on my synology in a remote area?

I tried transmit from panic.com as well but it doesn't work either...
Flox
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Mount synology on osx lion

Postby Yahooligan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:43 pm

In a safe way that's NOT AFP or SMB/CIFS? Not sure I understand, I connect to mine using Lion and AFP no problem, I even have Time Machine working fine. By safe are you meaning secure, as in encrypted? Or something else?
--
Synology DS1511+ - DSM 4.1-2636, 5x1TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5" 7200RPM w/ SHR
Yahooligan
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Mac OS X