Location of iTunes Folder Keeps Changing

Questions regarding Mac OS X Specifically can be placed here, such as questions regarding TimeMachine, for example.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Location of iTunes Folder Keeps Changing

Postby EndlessCT9A » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:38 am

Hi. I have a DS212J (2TBx2) set up at home. Several devices are connected to it, although a particular MacBook Pro is used to download podcasts, buy music, movies, sync iPhone & iPad, etc. For some reason or another, anytime I reboot (or shut down and reconnect to the network later), it keeps reverting back to the on-computer location to save downloads, rather than using the location I specified within iTunes (/Volumes/itunes within the DS).

Anyone know why this is happening? How can I fix this problem so that it will also save and draw from the specified folder within the DS?

Your help would be most appreciated.
EndlessCT9A
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Location of iTunes Folder Keeps Changing

Postby Daarc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Not answer but possibly .......

I had the same issue, it turned out to be my iMac would not automatically connect the the diskstation share. So if i opened iTunes before connecting to the diskstation/itunes, it would revery back to the local hard drive as it could not find the 'external' library location.
Daarc
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Mac OS X