shared sub folders, photo, music video, must I use them?

Questions regarding Mac OS X Specifically can be placed here, such as questions regarding TimeMachine, for example.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

shared sub folders, photo, music video, must I use them?

Postby dcginc » Tue May 24, 2011 6:36 am

two questions

One, how do i get these shared sub folders inside of my main user account to show up when I open the mounted DSM from my Mac Pro?

Two, do i have to put my photos and music into these sub folders for the mobile apps to work? Right now I know i have had to place some content in these sub folders in order for music and photos to show up in the mobile iphone apps.

are there rights permissions or shared privledges that will allow me to keep my files in this main folder i created?

tree looks like this, with four folders...

Main Folder
music
photo
video
MAC OS 10.7.5
DSM 4.2-3211
Synology 411j NAS
Four Seagate Barracuda ST2000DL003 2TB 5900 RPM SATA
dcginc
Novice
Novice

Return to Mac OS X