0 bytes free on Windows Share when setting quota

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

0 bytes free on Windows Share when setting quota

Postby ptitoliv » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Hello,

I have a synology DS409 running the DSM 3.2 and I have a strange issue when I try to configure Quota system with Windows Shares.

When I set any Quota value on the volume for a specific user, the quota is correctly applied but when i refresh my Windows 7 client, I can see that I have no free space available on the share.

If I remove the quota on the DSM, the free space is available again on the Windows client.

I searched in the documentation and on Google, but I didn't find any data about such issue.

Do you think it's a bug or is there something specific to do in order to apply the quota for Windows client ?

Thanks for your answers

Regards
ptitoliv
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Windows OS