Error message in Windows Vista when you try to rename a ....

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Error message in Windows Vista when you try to rename a ....

Postby Franklin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Error message in Windows Vista when you try to rename a new subfolder in a shared folder on the network: "The <SharedFolderName> folder does not exist"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934160
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Re: Error message in Windows Vista when you try to rename a

Postby mambaum » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Never had this before running Ubuntu file-server and DS209+ on DSM2.2.
Now I have it on 2 computers, one Vista NL ACER the other HP Windows7 US, accessing both a remote (via VPN) DS209+ and a local DS1512+ both on DSM 4.0-2228.
Sometimes if I try to save a file I cannot...it just happened after >15min modelling in CAD!
If I try to create a document via filemanager on the server I see it gets created, but I cannot give it a name or it will respond that the directory it is put in does not exist. The I end up with a "new document.txt" or a "new folder" which I then cannot change any more. I can delete it though.
But my CAD system refused to write the open document not even to the local drive when it occurred. That would give rise to think that it is related to Vista!

I'll just tried the above, but still have to reboot....
mambaum
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Windows OS