Incompatible Security Software

See if your 3rd party software (such as backup software) is compatible with our product.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Incompatible Security Software

Postby Franklin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 am

Here is a list of security software which are known to cause problems with our system/software

User Reported Incompatible Security Software
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Re: Incompatible Security Software

Postby derouyag » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Is there any possibility that the Security Software requires DSAssistant.exe to be digitally signed in order for the security software to allow it to work with the ports?
derouyag
Trainee
Trainee

Postby derouyag » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:34 am

One solution...

If you don't need to look at the Resource Monitor, or add a printer, or do something with photoupload, then you can just connect directly to the Diskstation through a browser.

{ip address}:5000/webman/index.cgi

e.g 192.168.1.10:5000/webman/index.cgi

Where the ip address is the ip assigned to the diskstation. This way, you bypass the DSAssistant and keep your Internet Security package working.
derouyag
Trainee
Trainee

Postby WjvdR » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:26 am

After updating AVG to the latest version, AVG Free 10.0.1388, the Diskstation user-ID and password fields and graphics disappear (after showing up for a fraction of a second).

The 'solution' is to go into the AVG Settings and switch off the Surf Shield option, which is part of the Link Scanner component.
Owner of a DS411j
WjvdR
Trainee
Trainee

Postby sjeph8je » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 am

Im using AVG (payed version) myself and have no problems with the version you mention. No problems with IE8 and Opera on windows vista home premium.
Synology DS-209 | DSM 4.2-3211 | 2 x WD20EARS (RAID1) (Time Backup | PhpMyAdmin | PhpLdapAdmin | PhpPgAdmin | Mailstation 2 | Svn | Directory server | Syslog server)
  • USB Conceptronic CHD3SU | WD20EARS (Ext-4)
Synology DS-209 | DSM 4.2-3211 | 2 x WD5000AAKS (RAID0) (syslog server)
  • USB Conceptronic CHD3NET | WD5000AAVS (Ext-4)
Corruption wears infinite disguises.
sjeph8je
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby ElectronDF » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:21 pm

WjvdR wrote:After updating AVG to the latest version, AVG Free 10.0.1388, the Diskstation user-ID and password fields and graphics disappear (after showing up for a fraction of a second).

The 'solution' is to go into the AVG Settings and switch off the Surf Shield option, which is part of the Link Scanner component.

This happened to me with Win 7 and AVG 10.0.1390. I disabled Surf Shield in Link Scanner and it went back to normal. Thanks.
ElectronDF
Beginner
Beginner

Postby WjvdR » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:22 pm

sjeph8je wrote:Im using AVG (payed version) myself and have no problems with the version you mention. No problems with IE8 and Opera on windows vista home premium.

I checked it again, AVG has by now been updated to version 10.0.1390. If I have the Surf Shield option switched on and try to open the diskstation log-in page, it remains empty. After I disable Surf Shield, I simply refresh the log-in page and it works flawlessly.

Does the paid version have more Surf Shield related options??? In the free version it can be switched on or off, no other settings are available. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, IE8 and the latest DSM 3.1 software.
Owner of a DS411j
WjvdR
Trainee
Trainee

Postby jsterner » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:12 pm

I have been working with tech support for disk station on this same login disappearing problem for days, tried everything with IE8 but no luck. Thru more experimenting I found this same problem with AVG free ver. 10.1.1392. Using Win7 64Bit.
Seems there is no solution other than to turn off “enable surf shield” in AVG link scanner.
Unfortunately this tags AVG as not working and you are not unprotected.
I am going to post this with AVG and see if they or Synology are working on some other solution, but I doubt it if the pair version works properly or has other settings to bypass this surf shield thing which i do not know.
jsterner
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby monju88 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 am

I checked it again, and the average has been updated to version 10.0.1390​​. If I have to surf Shield option shake and try to open the page diskstation - up, it is still empty. I am unable to surf the Shield, just refresh the page when I log in and it works flawlessly. The technical support for the disk station with the same problems that have been disappearing for days, but with any luck I tried IE8. Older more experienced with the same problem I found with the average free ver. 10.1.1392. Using Win7 64Bit.

http://www.squidoo.com/eset-review
monju88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby monju88 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 am

I checked it again, and the average has been updated to version 10.0.1390​​. If I have to surf Shield option shake and try to open the page diskstation - up, it is still empty. I am unable to surf the Shield, just refresh the page when I log in and it works flawlessly. There are more versions of surf related options have Shield? This is the free version can be switched on or off, and no other settings are available. I have Windows 7 Ultimate, IE8 and we use the latest DSM 3.1 software.
monju88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Software Compatibility Lists