Post-commit failure : access denied

Questions regarding Subversion Server may go here
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.

Post-commit failure : access denied

Postby magicmoux » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 am

Hi,

We have just setup the svn package on our RS409 NAS, following the synology wiki documentation for installing and configuring the subversion server and test repository.
During first configuration and checkout, we encountered no problem and were correctly asked user authentication.
However, whenever we try to commit a file we get the post-submit error message: Can't remove file \.svn\prop-base\testlocal.txt.svn-revert, Access denied
It seems the file was never created at all during the svn add phase.
Windows user and svn user seems to be configured correctly (the windows useraccount has full access to the share).
Some posts on the Internet advised to modify the samba conf to add the option "delete readonly = yes", we tried that to no avail...

Why would tortoiseSVN have no write access on the working-copy .svn folder ?

The system configuration is as follow:
RS409 hosting a working copy on a share (Samba 3.2.8 )

svnserve.conf:
anon-access = none
auth-access = write
password-db = passwd

SVN Client : TortoiseSVN 1.6.11, Build 20120 - 64 Bit running on windows 7 64bits

Since it also happened with previous TortoiseSVN release both 64 and 32bits versions, it would lead me to think it's really a synology problem...

If anybody encountered this and has some light to share about how to get this working, please feel free !!

Thanks,
Max.
magicmoux
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Subversion Server