rTorrent + ruTorrent

Questions regarding modifying the torrent engine or download station may go here.
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.

RSS auto download

Postby simonkpl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:35 pm

On the rutorrent site i read that to download automatic with the rss plugin we hawe to do this:

Starting plugins with rtorrent¶

Plugins will load when the webui is opened. If you have plugins which need to poll for data (like rss or scheduler) you may wish to have them start when rtorrent starts, regardless of whether or not the webui has been loaded. In 2.0, this used to require a setting for each plugin via the .rtorrent.rc Now, all plugins can be brought up with a single .rtorrent.rc command. Be sure to edit this command for:

1. php path Your path may be different
2. rutorrent location Rutorrent may be installed in a different location on your syste
3. webusername you may or may not be using web authentication, if you aren't, remove the username entirely, if you are, edit it accordingly

(the following is for user tom with rutorrent installed at /var/www/rutorrent)

execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /var/www/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php tom &}

Can someone tell me how it will be on the synology serwer ??

Sorry for my english is not very well.
simonkpl
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: rTorrent + ruTorrent

Postby kemetyl » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Will these instructions for rtorrent + rutorrent work with newer diskstations running diskstation manager 3.0?
kemetyl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Paktas » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes, they do. All of rutorrent wiki instructions work on Syno DSM 3.0
Synology DS409 + 4 x WD CAVIAR GREEN 2TB
Synology DS713+ + 2 x WD 3TB
Paktas
Experienced
Experienced

Postby Phycopat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Very very nice :D

All up and running on DS207+

But, how do i change the root thing ? All new stuff i DL is owned by root, in group root..
Would like it to be something like: "username" and group "users"

EX: "admin" "users"

Dont know where i change this thing, but would be so nice to do! :)
And maybe some login ? For security, and maybe for other users.. :)
Phycopat
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Paktas » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:22 am

The owner/mode of the file is specified by rtorrent. This was already discussed some time ago:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22656&p=93448&hilit=rtorrent#p93448
Last edited by Paktas on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paktas
Experienced
Experienced

Postby Paratime » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 am

Excellent tutorial. Many thanks! :)
Paratime
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Phycopat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:19 pm

I do have another "problem"

I can only download 2 items at a time ? Cant find any configfile to chance that setting in.. Can someone plz explain how to fix that ? :D

Would like to download 100 things at a time if i need to :)
Better for me to pause somethings if needed, and not just have it in a queue ;)

- thx..
Phycopat
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby SABRE » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 am

Paktas wrote:edit rtorrent config (/opt/etc/rtorrent.conf) and change settings as you want them to be. Add SCGI socket to local ip and 5050 port at the end of config file
Code: Select all
scgi_port = 127.0.0.1:5050

Hi all

I´m a proud owner of a 411+ synology. I´m a real noobie in linux, so can anyone tell me how can I edit the file above?

I´ve installed bootstrap and rtorrent with putty, but i stop here. How can I edit that file?? :oops:

Thanx
SABRE
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Paktas » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 am

I am sure you could google on editing files. It's also noted on tips section of "Getting Ready" part within wiki. You can also get a summary on synology tips forum thread.
Paktas
Experienced
Experienced

Postby SABRE » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Paktas wrote:I am sure you could google on editing files. It's also noted on tips section of "Getting Ready" part within wiki. You can also get a summary on synology tips forum thread.

Thank you very much. I finnaly instaled rutorrent. It looks more dificult that it really is :D

But now I have another problem: How can I access the files that i have downloaded? Its in /opt/share/torrent/work/ , but in windows i can`t see this folder. I only see the shared folders that i create. FTP the same
SABRE
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Paratime » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Paktas wrote:
siimuc wrote:create: Some functionality will be unavailable. rTorrent's user can't access external program (pgrep).

siimuc, unless you are going to CREATE torrents, no worries on this message.
However if you do want to create, or simply make this message dissaper, go for:
Code: Select all
ipkg install procps

Many thanks for the fix. :)
Paratime
Trainee
Trainee

Postby SABRE » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 pm

When starting rutorrent i have this note:

[14.01.2011 22:07:20] mediainfo: Plugin will not work. Web-server user can't access external program (mediainfo).

How can I remove it?
SABRE
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Paratime » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Any tips on how to get rutorrent's GeoIP plug-in working? :)

Thanks!
Paratime
Trainee
Trainee

Postby DragonsDream » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:16 pm

total noob question here:

I just got my new DS411j set up, with 4 new 2TB drives in a RAID5 and am almost done copying over all my media files to it. My whole point of getting a NAS was to use as a file server/torrent box, but I have discovered now that the torrent client included in DSM 3.0 is crap (had I known that before I wouldn't have purchased this). So, to upload & download torrents, are the instructions in this thread the ones I should follow? I am pretty new to linux but have some experience with command line stuff so it doesn't look too overwhelming. Once this is installed, will I be able to create torrents of the files on the Synology and upload, as well as DL new torrents? If not, can anyone direct me to the proper thread/wiki/discussion? Thanks!
DragonsDream
Trainee
Trainee

Postby DragonsDream1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:12 pm

ok, I followed the guide here. I got everything installed and can get rtorrent running but rutorrent gives an error on starting up:
[28.01.2011 12:05:07] WebUI started.
[28.01.2011 12:05:07] Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> <head> <title>500 - Internal Server Error</title> </head> <body> <h1>500 - Internal Server Error</h1> </body> </html>
It won't save any preference changes and while I can go through the steps of adding a torrent, they don't actually start or show in rtorrent.

I have gone over every file I edited several times now to see if I made any typos and I can't find anything. A web search didn't turn up anything on this particular error either. Can anyone help?

edit: never mind, I got it working. Now I just need to figure out how to get the watch folders to work the way i want.
DragonsDream1
I'm New!
I'm New!

PreviousNext

Return to Torrent Engines/Download Station Mods