Download Station Requests

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
http://www.synology.com/support/inquiry ... enu&type=1
Forum rules
We do our best to monitor and forward your ideas to our team, but due to the large amount, we may not see every single one and recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
http://www.synology.com/support/inquiry ... enu&type=1

Re: Download Station Requests

Postby Bedingfield » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:44 am

I see that somebody in the past has requested the Rapidshare, Megaupload, etc. support (I need it too).

This new release is pretty cool for Rapidshare: http://www.codeplex.com/SynoManager
Bedingfield
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby stinov » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:44 am

Another feature request that I don't think got mentioned already:

Being able to "force start" (and back to normal) a download outside the scheduled hours.

My downloads will start, using the schedule feature, at midnight till morning. But sometimes I want to download something via Download Station right away during the daytime.
In the current situation, I need to login to the DS, change the download schedule to "immediately", download the file, and change the schedule back.

Thanks for considering this feature!
stinov
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Frankh » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:47 am

Here an other vote for the separate upload and download rate in Bittorrent.
In 'Settings' besides the global upload and download rates the possibility to set default individual torrent upload and download speeds. Creating a new torrent will make the task takeover the default values and these have to be editable by the user for each task.
DS107 DSM 3.1-1636; 1x WD10EADS GP; IP-cameras Panasonic BL-C1 and BL-C101; APC Back-UPS ES 700; USB disk for data backup;
DS209 DSM 4.2-3248; 2x WD15EADS GP 1500.299.234.816 bytes SATA II 32 MB cache in RAID 1; American Power Conversion RS 800; two USB disks for data backup; Synology Remote and Creative SB Connect; Netgear GS105 Gigabit Ethernet Switch; aLaptop, iMac, uPC; a common modem/router/firewall; a dose of common sense ;)
Frankh
Enlightened
Enlightened

Postby icerabbit » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:35 pm

It is sad to see that after this long a time (based on first post) that seeding is still broken / non-functional.

Download Station completed my first file, but, even with ratio set to 100%, it stopped completely. Looking at the task info the share ratio is only 25% and there's no apparent way to make it do its job. It is elementary that the thing will a) seed to a preset ratio and b) can be forced manually to seed regardless of ratio settings.

More column options in the interface: # seeds connected, # peers connected, uploaded data KB/MB, uploaded %, ETA / Estimated Time to Completion, ...

Control over upload and download speed per individual task. Not just globally.
icerabbit
Sharp
Sharp

Postby atmega » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:37 pm

This feature I requested is very useful for Bittorrent users like me.
It still not possible to set up download folder for files, downloaded via BitTorrent.
Thus, this files can't be accessable via File Station UI or FTP browser. They saved in /volume1/@download/ folder.
One way existed is to use telnet session for coping or moving them from @download to public folder.
So it would be nice if rtorrent will store downloaded files at selectable folder (rtorrent option -d).
PS. Product model is DS107+
atmega
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby geertn444 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 am

Excellent port. My top request for download station is:

- block a user from accessing the download station via the web. By default, from the moment a user is created, it has access
to download station. unacceptible.
geertn444
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Frankh » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:38 pm

geertn444 wrote:Excellent port. My top request for download station is:

- block a user from accessing the download station via the web. By default, from the moment a user is created, it has access
to download station. unacceptible.

Agree.
DS107 DSM 3.1-1636; 1x WD10EADS GP; IP-cameras Panasonic BL-C1 and BL-C101; APC Back-UPS ES 700; USB disk for data backup;
DS209 DSM 4.2-3248; 2x WD15EADS GP 1500.299.234.816 bytes SATA II 32 MB cache in RAID 1; American Power Conversion RS 800; two USB disks for data backup; Synology Remote and Creative SB Connect; Netgear GS105 Gigabit Ethernet Switch; aLaptop, iMac, uPC; a common modem/router/firewall; a dose of common sense ;)
Frankh
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Download Station Requests - eMule features & stability

Postby RedBull » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:05 pm

eMule features & stability

please see:

http://www.synology.com/enu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11795
(list of issues and missing features, some of them are critical)

http://www.synology.com/enu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10996
(system instability - need to be fixed otherwise DS is not really usable)

kind regards,
Pavel
DS 107+, 128MB
Samsung HD753LJ
DSM 2.0-0728
RedBull
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Dex » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Hello,

To bypass some "issues" with some news providers, it would be nice to be able to activate or not the task/step that change active newsgroup before downloading an article. It is not because the group is not there that his articles are not there.
Grabit allows that : http://www.yabnews.com/images/Grabit/2_ ... 1184512661 last option (check box).

Thx
Dex
Beginner
Beginner

Postby kjdkraker » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:28 pm

When I searched this this topic, I was surprised not to find a request for 'private bittorrent tracker support'.
(I recently bought a DS106e and was disappointed to find out that DSM2.0 does not support private trackers, which I consider to be quite basic functionality.)
So please consider to incorporate support for private bittorrent trackers.
DS106e + WD10EADS 1TB + FW728
kjdkraker
Trainee
Trainee

Postby serious_simon » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:41 am

localstation wrote:I guess many with me would love to move their Direct Connect (DC++) back-end to the NAS, where all the files already are.

definitely . DC-integration (as a client, perhaps also as hub) would be awesome and really would make the Download-Station feature even more useful!
serious_simon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby cfuttrup » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi there.

I've tried to use the Download station "Torrent" feature. The downloaded torrent file was put on the Synology DS207+ and loaded with Download station.

While downloading works "fine" I noticed that the file-sharing also was uploading. It totally choked my internet connection. I have a connection with 6 Megabit download and 384 kb upload capability. I called my ISP (Internet Service Provider), who told me that the upload limit was "max'ed out" and the system could not handle simultaneous upload/download at max. speed.

When upload bandwidth is max'ed out, the download is also dreadfully slow. I see no way by which I can control the upload bandwidth with the Synology software. I had to cancel the torrent to be able to use my Internet connection.

My feature request is, that it be possible to set an upload max speed (bandwidth limit) for all downloads.

Best regards,
Claus
cfuttrup
Ace
Ace

Postby syno.allen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:36 am

cfuttrup wrote:Hi there.

I've tried to use the Download station "Torrent" feature. The downloaded torrent file was put on the Synology DS207+ and loaded with Download station.

While downloading works "fine" I noticed that the file-sharing also was uploading. It totally choked my internet connection. I have a connection with 6 Megabit download and 384 kb upload capability. I called my ISP (Internet Service Provider), who told me that the upload limit was "max'ed out" and the system could not handle simultaneous upload/download at max. speed.

When upload bandwidth is max'ed out, the download is also dreadfully slow. I see no way by which I can control the upload bandwidth with the Synology software. I had to cancel the torrent to be able to use my Internet connection.

My feature request is, that it be possible to set an upload max speed (bandwidth limit) for all downloads.

Best regards,
Claus

You can find more torrent settings in the web-based Download Station including upload/download bandwidth control.
syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby cfuttrup » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi syno.allen.

I am a bit surprised by your response as I did not find a way to setup upload control while the file was downloading.

It would be most helpful if you could point me to a wiki (e.g. with screen shots) or a video (etc.) that very explicitly explains this to me.

Thanks,
Claus
cfuttrup
Ace
Ace

Postby syno.allen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:26 am

cfuttrup wrote:Hi syno.allen.

I am a bit surprised by your response as I did not find a way to setup upload control while the file was downloading.

It would be most helpful if you could point me to a wiki (e.g. with screen shots) or a video (etc.) that very explicitly explains this to me.

Thanks,
Claus

The first image is the Download Station task queue.
The second image is the Download Station settings including BT upload/download rate.
syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions