I've bought a D-Link 2230 camera (IP/Wifi) which was working fine ... until last firmware upgrade.
Here is a link to a previously open thread to D-Link where I added a (frustrated) message : http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50853.0
The camera was using the old firmware (1.00 I think ...). I'm running DSM 4.2 using DS411+II.
Ok, let me told you my current problems ...
Since I upgraded to the last firmware (1.10), I'm not able to use my camera as before. I don't know why ... but here are detected problems :
- video picture seems to be very corrupted and glitchy
- no more usable sound (only noise)
- no more "fluid" video : video is stuck on some picture, sound is horrible
- using DS Cam, I only get glitchy picture .. or even blank picture ...
Should I wait for an update of Synology to fix that, or is it a firmware problem on Dlink side ?
I'm very angry, and I can't use my camera anymore.
I tried to select the camera and even tried to use the "ONVIF" protocol .. no more success : all recorded video are broken and can't be exploited.
If I connect directly to the camera, I can get correct video (but I don't get sound). So, I think the problem could be a big change on DLink side .. which impact Synology side.
I think I have two options to fix that :
- downgrade to old firmware (I'm not sure if that is possible)
- wait for an upgrade of Synology (but, the upgrade is already more than 3 months old ...)
What do you think ? Firmware problem or lack of support for this new firmware from DLink on Synology products ???