Network Backup Fails during Metadata

A new DSM update bringing enhanced capabilities for synchronisation (Cloud Station 2.0, DS cloud), new business applications & security features (LUN Snapshot & Clone, DNS server, RADIUS Server, TFTP & PXE, Antivirus by McAfee and 2-step verification), innovative home and mobile solutions (Bluetooth speakers support for Audio Station, mutliple DVB-T tuner support as well as stronger support for all mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone), DSM touch friendly.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
http://www.synology.com/support/beta_fo ... hp?lang=us

Network Backup Fails during Metadata

Postby ericdano » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 am

I'm having some issues doing a remote backup between two Synology units running 4.2 beta. The backup of almost 3 TB was done locally, and completed successfully. I moved one of the units back to a remote location, and now when the backup occurs, it gets to about 97% of the metadata then fails.

Any ideas?
ericdano
Sharp
Sharp

Re: Network Backup Fails during Metadata

Postby ericdano » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:50 am

Yeah, there seems something really wrong with network backup. My rsync.error log is flooded with messages like this

Jan 24 18:50:43 (17697) [ERROR] log.c (350): rsync: failed to set times on "/ITUNES_1/ITUNES/iTunes/Lisa Stansfield/Affection/@eaDir" (in ITUNES): Operation not permitted (1)
ermitted (1)

But this did not happen when it was on the local network....
ericdano
Sharp
Sharp

Postby ovq » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:47 pm

This happened to me on a local backup (eSATA) as well. At 99% of Metadata, the backup stalled and never got finished.

Oddly, the backup then re-started from scratch without any additional user-side input. It's still running for some 15 more hours, so let's see, what happens.
ovq
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ericdano » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:15 am

ovq wrote:This happened to me on a local backup (eSATA) as well. At 99% of Metadata, the backup stalled and never got finished.

Oddly, the backup then re-started from scratch without any additional user-side input. It's still running for some 15 more hours, so let's see, what happens.

Oddly enough, all the files seem to be copied fine on the backup. Still haven't heard back on my bug report
ericdano
Sharp
Sharp

Return to DiskStation Manager 4.2 BETA